Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Krossi
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

okay so a couple of questions:

1) two squares next to each other... fenced in with 6 fences... can the have 2 sheds in them? one in each square?

2) if you can have 2 sheds [one per square] does that multiply the max animals to [2 x (2 shed bonus)] x (2 base animals per square) x (2 Squares)=16 animals ... or does it max out as a (2 shed bonus) x (2 base animals per square) x (2 Squares)=8 animals

3) if you can have 2 sheds [one per square] does that give you 2 bonus victory points at the end of the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aki Järvi-Eskola
Finland
Helsinki
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
It's a pad of sticky notes!
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes, yes you can.
2) Each stable in a pasture doubles the capacity of the pasture. Therefore a 2 square pasture with 2 stables would result in max 16 animals in that pasture (8 per square)
3) Each stable that is inside a pasture gives 1 VP, so yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Krossi
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for the quick response...

hmmm... so i guess it could get really crazy....

has anyone ever played with a super dense animal distrubution and is that a good strategy approach?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aki Järvi-Eskola
Finland
Helsinki
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
It's a pad of sticky notes!
mbmbmbmbmb
oxsolid wrote:
... a super dense animal distrubution ...

I remember a 2-player game where my buddy had to stack the sheep cubes, since he lucked out on occupations and minor improvements so that he didn't have physical space for the cubes. Can't remember the details, but I do remember that he won the game. But we were both rookies, so can't say if super-capacity-pastures are in any way a good idea (other than for the extra VPs for the stables). Check your cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiwaz Tyrsfist
United States
Gladstone
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
Yay, Overtext bought with supporter GG!
badge
Supporter #3170 - I hope the bonus gets high enough that I can buy GeekBadge Overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
So, if you had four spaces in a square, fenced together using eight fences, and put a stable on each, you would gew four points for fenced stables, and that pasture could hold 128 animals.

However, that wouldn't do you any good since only 1 type of animal can occupy a single pasture, and themost of any animal you need is 4...

Except horses... hmm, I wonder what the absolute max number of horses you can get in a game of FOTM is?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bell
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TiwazTyrsfist wrote:

However, that wouldn't do you any good since only 1 type of animal can occupy a single pasture, and themost of any animal you need is 4...

I suspect you aren't scoring animals correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Chipacabra wrote:
TiwazTyrsfist wrote:

I suspect you aren't scoring animals correctly.

Certainly sounds like it. Sheep max out at 8, boar at 7, and cattle at 6. Any number of beasties beyond those limits are, literally, pointless (except as food, of course, in which case they won't be there).

As for max horses, that would have to depend on what expansion Minors you could get in play to drive your herd beyond the base of 20 that could be assembled at one per Round via the Horse Coper, and the six to be had from breeding.

Hmmm...gonna have to go rummage through those cards now...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike T
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
oxsolid wrote:

hmmm... so i guess it could get really crazy....

has anyone ever played with a super dense animal distrubution and is that a good strategy approach?

There is almost never a reason to have a pasture with a capacity above 8, and very rarely a reason to even have that. "Super dense animal distribution" is both very difficult to achieve and worth only 4 points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Get up, get up, get up, get down, fall over.
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
smcmike wrote:
There is almost never a reason to have a pasture with a capacity above 8
In our last game one of the players had the occupation that allowed him to mix animal types in field. He built exactly the 16 capacity field described above. For 10 wood and 2 actions he had all the animal storage he needed for the entire game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike T
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
boltongeordie wrote:
smcmike wrote:
There is almost never a reason to have a pasture with a capacity above 8
In our last game one of the players had the occupation that allowed him to mix animal types in field. He built exactly the 16 capacity field described above. For 10 wood and 2 actions he had all the animal storage he needed for the entire game.

Hence the "almost." Even in that circumstance, though, I'm not sure that was a good choice on his part. If he had spent that 10 wood on a 2x3 pasture he could hold 13 total animals, which is realistically as much storage as you need in most games, while scoring 2 more points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Get up, get up, get up, get down, fall over.
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
smcmike wrote:
Hence the "almost." Even in that circumstance, though, I'm not sure that was a good choice on his part. If he had spent that 10 wood on a 2x3 pasture he could hold 13 total animals, which is realistically as much storage as you need in most games, while scoring 2 more points.
I can't remember exactly what other cards he had out so I was probably overstating the wood and actions he needed. It seemed quite a neat trick at the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.