Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
30 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Northeast

Subject: The LVGG- A gaming group in the Lehigh Valley (Allentown / Bethlehem / Easton,PA) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Kline
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We're looking to form a core group of dedicated (or semi-dedicated) game enthusiasts in the Lehigh Valley area for the purpose of getting together and playing games.

We're hoping to feature a wide variety of member supplied games at each event. Bring an old game. Bring a new game. Bring a game you have that no one else you know seems to enjoy (with any luck you'll find someone here that does). Bring a friend. But most importantly- bring yourself!

We've had several great meetings so far. Hope to see you at the next!

You can check us out at www.lvgg.org or www.meetup.com/thelvgg/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Jacoby
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hi Matt,

Great to see you over here on BoardGameGeek. Jess and I are looking forward to the Feb 13 meetup. We'll see you there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett Warren
United States
Marietta
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I need to try to get down there one of these days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Jacoby
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
ellyssian wrote:
I need to try to get down there one of these days.

We'd love to see you, Everett. You need to drop out of the hills and visit civilization once in a while anyway.

(My best buddy's over in East Chunk)

You guys have been lucky with the snow so far. I hope you're sharing some of today's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Hallowell
United States
Souderton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to boardgamegeeks Matt. My apologies again for missing so many meetings. We're finally moving in to our new house on Saturday. I am really looking forward to the March get together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernest Schubert
United States
Polk Township
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What games were played at the last meetup? I'm mostly interested in wargames... but would also be interested in other types of strategy games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Jacoby
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
kazadvorn wrote:
What games were played at the last meetup? I'm mostly interested in wargames... but would also be interested in other types of strategy games.

I'll steal Jordan's meetup comment:

"I really enjoyed playing Small World for the first time. Here are some of the games we played. Hey! That's My Fish!, Kung Fu Fighting, Scrabble Slam, Scrabble, Settlers of Catan, Small World, Thurn and Taxis"

There were some other games about too. We had 3 or 4 tables going.

I enjoy wargames, but haven't played any at the two meetups I've attended. I have played wargames with LVGG folks on weeknights, though. The message board often has posts from gamers looking to get together between the big monthly meetups and play whatever.

Stop in at the next meetup and/or check the board.

http://www.meetup.com/thelvgg/messages/boards/

Hope to see you around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Knicely
United States
Middletown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Everyone,

The group is still meeting and playing games, but we've shifted off of MeetUp. You can now find information about this group at http://groupspaces.com/LehighValleyGamersGroup/. We just met last weekend, and I had an enjoyable time losing at Stone Age.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hey, buddy, can you spare a role?
badge
I jotted it down in my Risk campaign book. I always used to do that so I could replay my moments of glory over a glass of brandy in the sleeping quarters. --Arnold J. Rimmer--
mbmbmb
Hey,

Never thought to look on BGG to see if there were local players. A friend of mine and I were bemoaning the fact of having all these great Big Box games, and war games and the like, and never having either enough people to play them, or enough time. We'll keep an eye out on your site for more meetup events.

We're usually gaming somewhere on the weekends.

--Larry--
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Carvin
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Join our Berks Boardgamers group (Hamburg, Pa) via Facebook!
badge
Ah, the diabolical Dice … a word of caution; don't throw them when you're alone. The fiends lack loyalty, and their notion of nourishment is quite disturbing.
mbmbmbmbmb
And just a hop to the West...

www.berksboardgamers.com

Update...
This actually changed awhile ago. I moved Berk Boardgamers to Facebook, so you can join us there, the Berks Boardgamers guild here on BGG, or in the Lehigh Valley Meetup group. We still meet every 2nd Friday of the month in Hamburg. We mostly play middle-heavy weight games with the occasional 18XX or Winsome title.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Hallowell
United States
Souderton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This group has gone through some changes and we have a new person running it while Matt takes a break from the leadership role.

The new meetup page is http://www.meetup.com/Lehigh-Valley-Board-Gamer-Network/. Monthly Saturday meetings at the Bethlehem Area Public Library are back and a bi-weekly meeting on Tuesday nights at Panera Bread. (check the page for details, as I have personally not attended a Tuesday meet-up)

At the library, we typically see euro style games and fantasy themed games hitting the table most often, with some card games and plenty of great fillers. Donations are accepted to offset the costs associated with room rental and meetup fees.

Send a geekmail if you have any questions. I would be happy to try to answer them.

Game on.

Dan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin
United States
Lehigh Valley
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in Easton Pa and am part of the Lehigh Valley Tabletop group, but I am looking for gamers in my area that are boardgamegeeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan
United States
Hellertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hello there
badge
Hello there
mbmbmbmbmb
wintercorn wrote:
I live in Easton Pa and am part of the Lehigh Valley Tabletop group, but I am looking for gamers in my area that are boardgamegeeks.

I live in hellertown (close to bethlehem if you aren't aware), so I'm not too far from you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob VanBlargan
United States
Northampton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in Northampton but work in Easton.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bowker
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in Washington NJ, and am not too far from Easton, and am looking for gamers in the area that are into games other than Magic and the like.

My wife and I like things like Ticket to Ride, Agents of Smersh, Forbidden Desert and Island, and that type of thing. I also enjoy wargames.

Most people in this area are more into Magic than anything else. There is a group about an hour away in Sussex County, but with the winter setting in, it could be rough getting up there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Mattes
United States
Hellertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all,

My name is Tim and I am from Hellertown. I run a website and podcast about gaming called Games on Tape. I also work with the fine folks behind North East Nerd Night. But Most importantly I have been given the luxury of taking over the Portal Comics and Gaming's game room four times a year for a Tabletop Day. The Genesis of this was last year's Intl. Tabletop day when everyone said "Boy I wish this happened more than once a year." I talked to the owners and they agreed to let me run a day each quarter.

This Saturday 1-21-17 is the Next event and there will be Promos, games, and discounts for everyone that attends. So if any of you are looking for something to do this saturday come on out and join me for a day of mayhem and gaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin
United States
Lehigh Valley
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to give TI3 a go; anyone have the game, the time and the patience to teach a TI noob? I also recently picked up Star Trek Ascendancy, Clash of cultures/civilizations and Starcraft Boardgame/Broodwar, along with scads of GMT games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I jotted it down in my Risk campaign book. I always used to do that so I could replay my moments of glory over a glass of brandy in the sleeping quarters. --Arnold J. Rimmer--
mbmbmb
wintercorn wrote:
I would love to give TI3 a go; anyone have the game, the time and the patience to teach a TI noob? I also recently picked up Star Trek Ascendancy, Clash of cultures/civilizations and Starcraft Boardgame/Broodwar, along with scads of GMT games.

Twilight Imperium 3 is awesome. Just learned it myself within the last two years or so. I don't have the game, but I would get together and play it somewhere. I might be able to round up another player, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Mattes
United States
Hellertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lhowser wrote:
wintercorn wrote:

Twilight Imperium 3 is awesome. Just learned it myself within the last two years or so. I don't have the game, but I would get together and play it somewhere. I might be able to round up another player, too.

I have the Game and could use the help of people that have played before to get a successful "Full Count" game of it going. I would be willing to host as well. Lets make this happen!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
geekmail sent
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin
United States
Lehigh Valley
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the opportunity to pick up the base game and both expansions.

When is the "kick off"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin
United States
Lehigh Valley
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Newest Acquisitions:

1) Starcraft: the board game with the Broodwar expansion.
2) Clash of Cultures with the civilizations expansion.
3) 2nd Fleet and 6th Fleet by Victory Games.
4) Hannibal: Rome vs Carthage.
5) Napoleon Against Europe.
6) Battle of the Five Armies.
7) War of the Ring with Lords of Middle Earth and Warriors of Middle Earth Expansions.

Game anyone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James O

Allentown
Pennsylvania
msg tools
I'm interested in a LV game group, I'm in Allentown

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin C.
United States
Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you wish to form your own group, that's cool, but you may want to check Meetup too. We have gaming more nights that not here in the Lehigh Valley.

There is gaming at a TGIFridays on Mondays in Allentown and at a Giant in Trexlertown on Fridays. There is also gaming in Quakertown on some Thursdays at the Library.

Encounter Comics has a boardgame night on Fridays, I think.

There are others I'm forgetting. Just search boardgames in our area on Meetup.

As I say, if you want your own dedicated group, go for it. But if you just want some random people to play with, our area has more than our share of opportunities.

Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
natsean wrote:

There is gaming at a TGIFridays on Mondays in Allentown

At Fridays on Mondays? Looks I've been eating there the wrong nights.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.