Popular Tags: [View All]
David Muta
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have family coming over this next couple weeks and my aunt is bringing children, ages 9 and under

Do you guys have any suggestions of good ones.

I really appreciate your help

-David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad N
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
Unique titles I've played in 2017
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on how far under 9 you go, but assuming you mean between 5 and 9 then I would see there are good options that are fairly easy to get a hold of...

Duck, Duck, Bruce (my favorite game to play with my kids who are 6 and 4 - simple & interesting)
Fish Eat Fish
Sleeping Queens
Gulo Gulo (really good for kids to play with adults)

Loopin' Louie (great game, but very hard to get a hold of it)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandra Sherwood
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My son is almost 8 and he plays games with his cousins who are 9 and 6. Ones they get out are:
Loopin' Louie (though this one is hard to find)
Quicksand
Micro Mutants: Evolution
The Adventurers: The Temple of Chac (this one needs a bit more adult help, but they all enjoyed it)

Ones we play with him:
Small World
Bohnanza
Qwirkle
Ubongo
Aquaretto or Zooloretto or Coloretto
Unnamed Object (this one plays well with a large range of people and works well with kids)

A lot of it depends on how many people you are trying to play with and how young the kids are. Some of these we have been playing since he was 5, but most are going to work for the 7 and up range better. I've also heard that Castle Panic works well with kids and the cooperative aspect of it might work well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobb Beauchamp
United States
Volo
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My 4 year old really enjoys Secrets of the Sea. His near 3 year old sister enjoys it too, although if she's using any strategy, it's mostly to mimic what her older brother does. But at 4+, he's got a good understanding of how the game works, and has his favorite items to collect. Plus, it's a game I don't mind playing with them as an adult. Shoots and Ladders is fine, but I don't play it with them, I spend time with them while they are playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Boos
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The above are some great suggestions and I'll echo a few of them for emphasis and add a couple of my own.
Gulo Gulo I consider this the BEST game to play with both kids and adults.
Fish Eat Fish
Sputnik

I'd agree this would be great if you could find it.
Loopin' Louie
also
Hang in There!
or
Akaba

As Sandy mentioned,
Qwirkle is quite good and is easy to find. I'd also thrown in a deluxe version of
Pit

Also don't forget good old Dominos. For 7-9 year old boys, get yourself a copy of Battleship Express.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Hall
United Kingdom
Yate
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gulo Gulo
Kitty Bitty
Loopin' Louie
Abandon Ship
Igloo Pop

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Worthington
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
2010 Releases ........................................ The Resistance, Haggis & Triumvirate ..................................... Now accepting submissions for 2011 releases ........................................ www.IndieBoardsandCards.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I played Castle Panic with a group of first grade boys this weekend and it went over extremely well - other parents were asking where to buy a copy and the kids wanted to play it again and again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lund
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
My neices, 8 and 9, and my 4 year old all really like Incan Gold. Sometimes the three of them play it without adults at all. The older two also like Zooloretto, Pick Picknic, and Order Up, although the 4 year old has a hard time with those three. (She would be pretty good at Pick Picknic except that she always announces with bloodthirsty relish when she is going to play a fox.)

My 4 year old really likes Akaba and Viva Topo, but the older two don't enjoy those as much as they used to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Combat Commander, Up Front, Fields of Fire, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzy┼╝ Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Zooloretto, Sleeping Queens, Hisss, Odin's Ravens depending on age(s).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.