Nathan Bergom
United States
Towson
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
"Sometimes it would be nice to be wrong about people." -Commander Samuel Vimes
mbmbmbmbmb
Admiral Cain just chose the execution option of A Verdict of Guilty. She chose to execute Chief, who was forced to reveal as a cylon. He lost his skill cards and moved to the Resurrection Ship, while Cain lost her three cards.

Now, do we activate the basestars and jump track, or immediately go on to the next player's turn?

I'm finding myself leaning towards the latter, since the execution of a cylon follows the rules of a cylon reveal (except no super crisis), and the last step of a reveal says that the player's turn is over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Bergom
United States
Towson
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DCAnderson wrote:
Holy crap we are are having a very similar discussion in another thread.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/490575/apollos-alertviperpil...

The answer is that you only end the turn if the active player is the one revealing.

It's somewhat along the same lines, but there's a crucial difference. You're talking about situations in which the cylon uses an action to reveal, and whether any other actions (viper launches, XO actions) are affected. This is something where the cylon is forced to reveal in the middle of a crisis.

Chief's turn could be seen as already over, since all the movement and actions were finished. But does the crisis count as part of his turn, or more of an add-on?

I ended up figuring that since the current player token was still on Chief, the crisis counted as part of his turn. The last step of the cylon reveal is to pass the current player token, so we ended his turn without the basestar activation and jump track advancement.

I did submit a rules message to FFG, I'll post it here if and when I get a response (more likely when, they're great about responding).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrin Williams
United States
Allen
Texas
flag msg tools
I have overtext. Yes I do.
badge
I have overtext. How 'bout you !
mbmbmbmbmb
That is somewhat different from the other thread if it's the Chief's turn. I would think that once a crisis card is started, you'd have to finish it, but I'll be interested in seeing what FFG says.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
Germany
41472 Neuss
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything before the step "next player" obviously belongs to the current player. The active player also has to discard cards etc... (during a crisis)

So why is there a question who the current player is?

:)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Thomason
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No offense to anyone, but I think this is a case of willful misinterpretation of the rules. Giving an XO to someone who reveals isn't really different from an execution reveal. Once the other player's actions are done with, the turn continues on. There's no real reason to consider immediately ending a human player's turn because of the actions of another player - the crisis card should be completed at this point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Bergom
United States
Towson
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A clarification seems in order. It was Chief's turn, and Chief was forced to reveal via execution. The reveal happened on the cylon's turn, not a human's turn.

Blackfaer wrote:
No offense to anyone, but I think this is a case of willful misinterpretation of the rules.
I don't like being accused of cheating. If FFG contacts me and says that I made the wrong call, fair enough, I'll admit it and make sure that I do it right in the future. But really, this was uncalled for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Bergom
United States
Towson
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got a ruling from Corey Konieczka:

Since the current player was revealed to be a cylon, his turn immediately ends without resolving the icons on the card.

I admit, I'm very relieved I made the right call on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.