Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Don Johnson
Germany
Stade
Nds
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
searching for a 2 player game with alot of strategy, alot of choices ( not only combat) and alot of complexity .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, I do not have Runewars in my hands yet....should be Thursday or so....but with the other two games listed, Dust would be my choice! The game is not complex compared to warrior knights. While Warrior Knights is a great game in itself, Dust just seems to be what you are looking for. Runewar's rules have read well...cannot wait to get a play in! You should read some of the quick reviews that people have written on it to maybe put it into consideration.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Johnson
Germany
Stade
Nds
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyD wrote:
Unfortunately, I do not have Runewars in my hands yet....should be Thursday or so....but with the other two games listed, Dust would be my choice! The game is not complex compared to warrior knights. While Warrior Knights is a great game in itself, Dust just seems to be what you are looking for. Runewar's rules have read well...cannot wait to get a play in! You should read some of the quick reviews that people have written on it to maybe put it into consideration.

well risk games do normally play better with more ppl either... so why would you choose dust over WK?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Syrovatka
Czech Republic
Beroun
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The main difference between Runewars and Warrior Knights is that in WK, you are struggling against the game and not only against other players, for example you have to pay the wages for the troops, deal with unfortunate events and other things the game throws at you. In RW, only the winter is present as such mechanic. I love both games, but it depends on the number of players, I would suggest WK only if you regularly have 4+ players. RW on the other hand is great with 3 or 4 (haven't played with 2).

EDIT: Now I see, that you wanted a 2p game. That said, I won't recommend WK at all, it's strictly a multiplayer game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Manasan
Philippines
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Tough choice. I really like Dust, and although I haven't played Runewars, it would probably be the better game for two players. If you say you want high complexity... go for Runewars.

(Not a knock on Dust at all, but it's what fits your criteria better.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Of the games you listed, I would buy "Dust". I know it gets little love here on BGG, but I own it and like it.

I looked at the games you own, and suggest you consider a fourth choice- since you want a 2-player game with choices, how about the new game just out called Claustrophobia? Going by your tastes, it might be your cup of tea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
infochuck wrote:
Your avatar is exceptionally annoying and obnoxious. Animated avatars = teh rudeness.

Good!! I live to annoy the hell out of people like you! If you don't like it...block it!

As far as picking Dust over Warrior Knights...its just an easier game to grasp which is one of your criteria. I found the game to be more fluid and not requiring rules checks as much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's another vote for:

You know, if you want to consider something from outside your listed choices.

Claustrophobia

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Johnson
Germany
Stade
Nds
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
well i allready got Hybrid and TOMB... guess thats enough dungeoncrawling for now But its a interesting game, no question.

but iam looking for a more strategic game:
esp i would like to see a game with alot of winning options (defensive or offensive play etc).

WK seems to fit here.

i also like cooperative games, but there are even fewer options there...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dosto wrote:

Don,

Have you tried Space Alert or Pandemic for cooperative games!? They are quite a bit of fun and very easy to get into!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Johnson
Germany
Stade
Nds
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyD wrote:
dosto wrote:

Don,

Have you tried Space Alert or Pandemic for cooperative games!? They are quite a bit of fun and very easy to get into!

i checked em on bgg but dont think there theme fits me,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dosto wrote:
well risk games do normally play better with more ppl either... so why would you choose dust over WK?

I wouldn't categorize Dust as a Risk game, although they both obviously are world conquest games. Dust is considerably more sophisticated, and is indeed interesting for two players. Also for three, four or six; the only number I would not recommend it for is five.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.