Popular Tags: [View All]
Judit Szepessy
Canada
London
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you are preparing a geeklist, what do you have to do so that your geekbuddies do not see what you are working on? How do you hide it?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gwen
Belgium
oost-vlaanderen
flag msg tools
badge
mb
When you start a new geeklist, one of the checkbox options is "private". When you check that, no one should be able to see what you are working on till you uncheck it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judit Szepessy
Canada
London
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Alternately, if you are working on a geeklist but you are not yet done with it, don't publish it to the front page. Your geeklist hits the front page when it is published, but until it is published it will hang around in limbo. If you hold off on hitting "Submit List", it won't get published, and only you can get to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Huber

Westborough
Massachusetts
msg tools
skelebone wrote:
Alternately, if you are working on a geeklist but you are not yet done with it, don't publish it to the front page. Your geeklist hits the front page when it is published, but until it is published it will hang around in limbo. If you hold off on hitting "Submit List", it won't get published, and only you can get to it.

Scott,

Has this changed? At least in the past, I've received comments on lists I haven't yet submitted...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think if a geekbuddy sees it in your "recent contributions", they can get to it even if it hasn't been published.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judit Szepessy
Canada
London
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that is what I want to avoid. So even if I make the list privagte, it is still visible to my geekbuddies. Is there any other solution? This is not a major issue, I am just wondering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
huber wrote:
Has this changed? At least in the past, I've received comments on lists I haven't yet submitted...

It has been changed. I have an unpublished geeklist which has public additions, but can no longer be accessed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think once it's marked private, no one can get into it but you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Железный комиссар
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
I think once it's marked private, no one can get into it but you.

This is true; I tested it recently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.