Subject: question about use of expansions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Real name is private thanks
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
I have the game + expansions 1-5.

I have been gradually buying expansions one at a time. I have a question about the next expansions though. Am I right in saying that if I buy expansions 6 and 7, i cant use them in my games until I have expansion 8 (as expansion 6 & 7 have no flares otherwise)?

If this is true, it seems like a big oversight. It would have been terrible buying them new when they came out as you would have to have waited through 2 expansions before you could use your purchases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I *highly* recommend expansion 6, as it adds what I feel an integral part of CE: Lucre. Some people don't like it, but I have a hard time playing CE without Lucre these days. Even without the flares (which does suck) it's still a great addition to the game.

And Expansion 7 has some of the best powers in the game. Snivler, Loser, Pacifist, Warpish, Filth, Fungus, Terrorist! How can you play a game without these powers?!?

Just buy them and hurry and get #8 for those precious flares

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Stout
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure you could use them; you just couldn't use their flares.

I got all the original expansions as they came out. It's been too long to remember whether I angsted over the lack of flares for a year or two. Since I don't remember, probably not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Real name is private thanks
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
oh yeah.... I forgot that you could just throw a few of the other flares in the deck instead. I guess the only difference is there would be no "super" flares in the game, which in fact isn't that big a deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But ultra cool, so definitely get a hold of Expansion 8 as soon as you can

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Lucre gulp

I am one of those who doesn't like the Lucre stuff, or the moons for that matter. I keep them out of our set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregor McNish
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I always used lucre, and only used moons when we wanted a more silly game. I actually tended not to use flares too much, but maybe that's because the flare deck was one of the last expansions I got my hands on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't imagine an EON game without Lucre. It's a very minor addition to gameplay mechanics (unlike Moons) that it fits right in without any difficulties. I will be curious to see how it fits with my current group (who's only played the FFG version, i.e. no lucre) if they ever introduce it in a future expansion...

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.