Don Smith
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to be 100% sure I understand this:

When you assign damage you can select ANY undamaged figure and assign the damage to it?

So, for example, if I had some tier 1 figures undamaged which have already "battled" and I was receiving damage from an opponents Tier 3 figures, I could assign her damage to my Tier 1 figures if I so desired?

Of course, damage MUST be assigned to any damaged unit in the battle before this choice is made.

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct; you can assign damage to any undamaged, unrouted figure, even those that have already fought.

If you have damaged figures, they must continue to take damage first. You cannot assign damage to Routed figures unless they are all that's left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Levi Mote
United States
Vancouver
WA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I remembered reading that, but couldn't find it during the game. What page is the "damaged figures must take damage first" rule on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 22, under "Dealing Damage to Units". In fact, that part is bold:

"When assigning damage during battle, a player must place the damage on a previously damaged unit (if able)."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The FAQ's discussion really only deals with special abilities. It doesn't override the Concurrent rule.

IE, it's for situations where the Special Ability of the attacker may affect the Special Ability of the defender. For example:

The Pegasus Rider's special can rout units; the Berserker's ability requires a standing Berserker. Thus, if the attacker has a Pegasus, and routs the last Berserker with it, the Berserker's special no longer meets the requirements.

However, here's a counter example of how it would NOT affect things:

If the attacker was a Berserker, and the defender was a Necromancer, and both got Orbs, the attacker's Berserker would go off first, destroying the Necromancer. However, since the Necromancer's ability does not depend on it being "standing", and since the Concurrent Attack rule is in effect, the Necromancer's ability would still trigger to bring some Reanimates into the battle.

When it comes to Routs and Damage, neither one will affect the other side; both attacker and defender will still apply their full amounts. This Q&A in the FAQ is really geared towards Special Abilities, where the attacker's may have some impact on whether the defender's is able to be used or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.