Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Newland
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Ninja Vanish!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Played our first game last night. My first question is, if there are monsters and rooms that did not get bought, do they just get discarded and new ones are picked in the next buying round?

Second thought. We played a 2 player game last night. It seemed like the non player was always the most evil. Does anyone else get that same result? I am sure I was moving him up and down according to the rules or a 2 player game. My wife and I never got the most strongest hero, the non player got it. Kinda weird. Tell me what you think.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Mierz
United States
Middletown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Leftover rooms and monsters are discarded after the round, yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eroc1024 wrote:
Played our first game last night. My first question is, if there are monsters and rooms that did not get bought, do they just get discarded and new ones are picked in the next buying round?

Yes, you discard the ones that weren't bought and take new ones from the distant lands board for the next round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Neumann
United States
Whitefish Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
In life you have to do a lot of things you don't f*cking want to do. Many times, that's what the f*ck life is... one vile f*cking task after another.
mb
eroc1024 wrote:
Second thought. We played a 2 player game last night. It seemed like the non player was always the most evil. Does anyone else get that same result? I am sure I was moving him up and down according to the rules or a 2 player game. My wife and I never got the most strongest hero, the non player got it. Kinda weird. Tell me what you think.

Are you sure you were moving your own evilometer tokens up correctly? I know that in our first game we missed a bunch. For example, you need to move it up whenever you take a ghost, vampire, witch...You also need to move it up when you let monsters go.

That combined with moving the non-player piece on the evilometer down by 2 after the first year put us both ahead of the non-player character. In fact, I ended up with the paladin in both 1st and 2nd year devil

Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duffy
United States
Phoenixville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Mr Worf.....Fire!
mbmbmbmbmb
eroc1024 wrote:

Thanks.

In my 1st 2-player game I bought 2 Vampires - I quickly red-lined the evilometer and attracted both Paladins during the game. Still won though! (just don't ask what the final point score was blush )

EDIT: David, yes, once you go big evil, there's no point turning back! devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eroc1024 wrote:

Thanks.

3 player game, the non-player definitely did NOT become most evil, because they weren't buying monsters that required evil as payment.

Further, we weren't executing the 'Reputation' order when the NPC did it, he just took up room on the order's spaces. That might have something to do with your NPC's being really good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam O'Brien
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Even Cleverer Overtext
badge
Every time someone activates this overtext, it takes a year off my life. Hover often please!
mbmbmbmbmb
Unclaimed Monsters and Rooms go the the Distant Lands board (are discarded).

The "dummy" player on the evilometer largely depends on what monsters are being taken by the "actual" players. Taking the Witch and/or the Vampire (particularly before payday) will generally put you ahead of the dummy on the evilometer.

Also, it is almost impossible for the dummy to "gain evil" since he does not take the actions of the space he is on. So for example, if he is on the second or third Food space, he does not gain any evil, he is just removed from the space as if he opted against taking the action. I would guess you did not play that rule correctly if your dummy player was high up the track.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Earles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eroc1024 wrote:

You assign adventurers 3 4 times per Year. Each time adventurers are assigned the non-player moves up 1 space. That's a total of 3 4 spaces up in Year 1. Before Year Two the non-player evil marker is moved down 2 spaces. Then the marker will move another 3 4 spaces up during Year 2.

Unless I am missing something I think that is the only time the non-player evil marker moves. This doesn't seem like a situation that can't be overcome, as long as you make it a goal to increase your evilness.

FYI: I haven't played two-player yet, so this is just me thinking out loud.

Edit: Adventurers are only assigned in 3 seasons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
jearles wrote:
eroc1024 wrote:

You assign adventurers 4 times per Year. Each time adventurers are assigned the non-player moves up 1 space. That's a total of 4 spaces up in Year 1. Before Year Two the non-player evil marker is moved down 2 spaces. Then the marker will move another 4 spaces up during Year 2.

This is incorrect. You only assign adventurers 3 times in a year.
So the non-player marker moves up 3.

You then move it down 2 to simulate lost rooms.

It then moves up another 3 during the next year. The total it will move is 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
out4blood wrote:
You only assign adventurers 3 times in a year.
So the non-player marker moves up 3..

Is 'move NPC evil up one per adventurer assignment phase' on your list of 'stuff everyone forgets?

We definitely forgot that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Earles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
out4blood wrote:
jearles wrote:
eroc1024 wrote:

You assign adventurers 4 times per Year. Each time adventurers are assigned the non-player moves up 1 space. That's a total of 4 spaces up in Year 1. Before Year Two the non-player evil marker is moved down 2 spaces. Then the marker will move another 4 spaces up during Year 2.

This is incorrect. You only assign adventurers 3 times in a year.
So the non-player marker moves up 3.

You then move it down 2 to simulate lost rooms.

It then moves up another 3 during the next year. The total it will move is 4.

Even more to my point

Thanks... typed too fast and confused the number of seasons with the number of adventurer assignings - Winter being a short season.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.