Tom Emmons

Washington
Dist of Columbia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When looking at new games that I am interested in, I often find myself wanting to look at the official rules if they are available online. However, finding links to these can be quite difficult. Usually, they are under the link section. But, because that can only be organized by recent or title, it can often be hard to find the link. Is this information that is used often enough, by enough people, that it would be worth including a link in either the game description or more information threads?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Maggi
United States
Loudonville
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
YES! It would be most helpful. I just recently started playing Carcassonne and wanted to look at the rules. It took forever to scroll through the uploaded documents to find them. A clear link would be very helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Benjamin Maggi wrote:
A clear link would be very helpful.

And to be precise, it should be a link to the rules in the original language. Sometimes translations are quite bad.

A problem is when there are rules for different version available online. Should we link to the original rules, or to the most recent rerelease?

And somebody should check the links from time to time. Sometimes publishers move their download links around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Emmons

Washington
Dist of Columbia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Werbaer wrote:

And to be precise, it should be a link to the rules in the original language. Sometimes translations are quite bad.

I fully agree. I would generally only link to the company's page with their official rules. Any translations of rules should probably be uploaded as a file.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linda Baldwin
United States
White Plains
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A ditto here. Spent quite a bit of time digging out rules links/files recently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.