United States
Osceola Mills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Scythe!
badge
Life is not a game - games are life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah... I'm sure Flying Frog really appreciate the "support".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Beth Magallanes
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you sure you're talking about the Radioactive Grave Dead supplement? The shipping is $1.72 anywhere in the US and it does not come with cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Daley
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
woundwart wrote:
Would anyone care to upload the rules for the Scenario. I don't need the Zombies or the two cards and the shipping options at Flying Frog are rediculous.

Your spelling of "rediculous" is ridiculous.

The shipping charges on this expansion are actually quite reasonable.

Just buy it, dude. The scenario and figures are awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The original post has deleted. Methinks someone might have realised what they were asking for in a public forum...shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Rethorn
United States
Perrysburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
It's not common that one finds a post so factually incorrect, yet so brazen. But to follow it up with a smarmy tone of superiority?

Yes, I know. Don't feed the trolls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
woundwart wrote:
Nay I got what I wanted therefore the original post no longer served any purpose. You are all welcome to continue to rail against me if that provides you with a more fulfilled life. I don't mind at all.

With all due respect, I think your original post served a very effective purpose. It put in plain terms that you didn't want to pay for a product that is currently available for sale and you were asking for help in stealing it.

If you aren't happy about purchasing from the FFP webstore, I'm positive that there are better ways to get what you are looking for.

As for railing against you, I've got better things to do with my time, I just wanted to be sure you understood what you were asking for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Rethorn
United States
Perrysburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Ah, but it's not okay. I'm of the firm belief that those images should be removed. And just because "others do it" doesn't make it right for you to do so as well. Come on, this is first-grade ethics here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Rethorn
United States
Perrysburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
woundwart wrote:
As long as the resource is available to me I will use it.

But the resource wasn't available to you, was it? You had to specifically ask for it from someone else. I guess I'm just amazed by your blithe disregard for property rights.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Todd, your self righteous behaviour is a pretty thin attempt to mask the fact that you were called out for theft. You can't deny that, surely.

It's attitudes like yours that force game companies to become protective of their IP. You are providing no support at all to FFP, and you were vocal about it in a public forum.

Did you even bother to contact FFP about the postal charges if you thought they were unfair? Did you have any friends that were placing an order that you could have partnered up with to save on costs? I'm sure that the $1.72 in postage would have really broken your budget for the week...

FFP and similar companies do not have 'legacy' product lines. Everything they sell is current and they are dependant on revenue from these products to survive as a business.

You obviously enjoy playing LNoE or you wouldn't have asked for the rules. You might want to consider the effect that your behaviour has on further products and support on these forums from FFP before you decide to publicly ask for something for free, that you SHOULD have paid for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess the main concern is if the scenario is considered the expansion or just an extra "giveaway" to go with the figures. Each of the previous web expansions came with cards so technically you couldn't play them without the cards to go with them. Though I guess you could use proxi cards sleeved. You could certainly make proxi radioactive figures with a little base for them.

It seems with all the recent issues from Games Workshop and Steve Jackson Games dramatically pulling content here on BGG we might be in a new phase for BGG. BGG might be getting too big and now publishers are taking note. BGG is a wonderful site which provides "free" support and advertizing for these companies but also a boatload of potential copyright infringment issues. I wonder if this year might be full of many more explosive demands from publishers to have fan content pulled.

As for this request, I guess its up to Flying Frog to decide if BGG is infringing on their attempt to sell product by offering some of their content online.

I do think Flying Frog will have to take great care if they are considering asking for content to be pulled since its a PR nightmare. The fallout to GW and SJG has been great and a similar fallout on Flying Frog might greatly affect their fanbase buying habits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure I want to get into this flame war but wanted to mention last month I had a similar problem when ordering all the new LNOE expansions. But emailed Flying Frog and Mary Beth emailed me back pretty quickly and fixed the shipping error.

So they really do try to help when you have problems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Rethorn
United States
Perrysburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
woundwart wrote:
mmmm its delicious. Pour it on. Please keep responding. I am so happy I can give meaning to so many lives. Who knows you might actually change my mind.

I try to remain civil online as much as possible, but you're being an asshat. Your behavior is both irrational and childish, and you bring disgrace to the concept of reasoned discourse with every excrement-filled post you make.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
woundwart wrote:
Scrat wrote:
I'm sure that the $1.72 in postage would have really broken your budget for the week...

Their shipping quote from the web site was $31 or $111 for express mail. Since you know I don't want or need the extra figures I wasn't going to spend a ton of time getting them to make their website work.

Glad I could help you get all that smug out of your system. It could kill you if left unchecked

One email to FFP support would have fixed the error in postage calculation, that equates to a 'ton of time' in your reality I assume?

If you didn't want the figures at all, did you consider contacting FFP about making the sheet available separately? Obviously not, as you felt theft was cheaper and easier.

The only person that is sounding smug in this thread is you Todd. You stole product and you are proud of it. That doesn't show a great deal of decency, or common sense. You have certainly proved you don't have much, if any, of either.

*edit* to remove unintentional forum rule violation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Daley
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my opinion it's the way in which Mr. Wood is reacting that is rubbing us all the wrong way. Mr. Wood is a calculus school teacher (according to his bio) and as such one would expect him to act a bit more mature and respectful to his peers. A teacher who thinks that "As long as the resource is available to me I will use it" and the general attitude of if someone else got away with it, then so shall I, is appalling. Just because someone else posted copyrighted material doesn't mean it's ok to do it. Is this something that a school teacher needs to be told on a boardgame website? Really?

If I were a fellow teacher in the Hamilton County, TN School District I would be utterly embarrassed by his childish, rude behaviour. I would think that a basic idea of ethics would be required to teach our youth, but our dear Mr. Wood has proved otherwise. Bravo, Todd. Keep being an outstanding role model for our children.

I thank the my lucky stars that my child doesn't go to Mr. Wood's school. If they did, I would probably contact the administration regarding the lack of ethics he has demonstrated in his posts, which I'd like to point out, have been made during school hours (and most likely on a school owned computer and internet connection).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bell
United States
Osceola Mills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Scythe!
badge
Life is not a game - games are life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Blodgett wrote:
So Dr Crow and emperorhand, I must ask you, "Have you ever illegally downloaded copyrighted music?"

I am a huge music lover and have quite a large collection. I always support the artists that I love. The only time I have ever downloaded music from the internet is to get particularly obscure or out of print albums that are nigh impossible to obtain otherwise. I don't do this often, and I only do this after a *thorough* scouring of the internet for physical copies. Even then, I will always immediately purchase any out of print album that I have previously downloaded if it suddenly becomes available again. If I love the work of any artist, I will support them - not steal from them. I personally think people who blatantly steal currently in print music are contemptible.

woundwart wrote:
Note: Discussing in the forums who is in your hide list, or notifying the hidden users in any way, is against the Rules. This is a zero-tolerance offense and will result in immediate restrictions placed on your posting privileges.

I will be certain the Admins know how lightly you take their rules.

Bullet point #13 in the Long List on the BoardGameGeek Rules page:
"Do not request or provide information that allows others to create, purchase, or download complete unofficial replications of a game or other works protected by copyright without the permission of that game's designer/publisher."

If anyone in this thread should have posting restrictions placed on them - it is you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goddammit! Quality and on time delivery are not mutually exclusive!
United States
Shelby Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
woundwart wrote:
mmmm its delicious. Pour it on. Please keep responding. I am so happy I can give meaning to so many lives. Who knows you might actually change my mind.

A rebuttal by a person who doesn't really have one.

How about holding off on posting in this thread until you can come up a legitimate reason to justify your request. Until then everything you post is just noise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Russell
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DrCrow wrote:
Blodgett wrote:
So Dr Crow and emperorhand, I must ask you, "Have you ever illegally downloaded copyrighted music?"

I personally think people who blatantly steal currently in print music are contemptible.

Bullet point #13 in the Long List on the BoardGameGeek Rules page:
"Do not request or provide information that allows others to create, purchase, or download complete unofficial replications of a game or other works protected by copyright without the permission of that game's designer/publisher."

Point taken and understood. I was hoping people were not being hypocritical. I see now that you were not.

"Do not provide information that allows others to download complete unofficial replications of a game or other works protected by copyright without the permission of that game's designer/publisher."

Thank you for that clarification. If all the members who have posted senarios, card images, etc. have received permission to post those images here... please allow me to apologize for my ignorance and confusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Locked.

For reference, requesting or providing works protected by copyright is a violation of our forum rules.

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.