Subject: Cities and Villages rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Andersson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How come these counters do not have white back-sides? Shouldn't they be drawn from the cup together with all others things?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting - different edition? I don't think mine is that way...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Andersson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I don't really know what edition I have. I guess there are three counter sheets, one which are printed on both sides, and the other two sheets have a white back.

However, the cities and villages are on the double sided sheet, on one side it says, e.g. village (1), and on the other side village neutralized.

Unfortunately, the game I got hold of had incorrect set of counter sheets. I have double of all counters from the double sided sheet, and I don't have any counters at all from the sheet which only contain creatures. The person I bought the game from had no idea of this, however it couldn't have been much fun playing the game with only plain creatures. Perhaps that's why he sold it? Luckily I found scans of the counters here, so I could create my own. And now my villages and cities do have a white backside even though they did not in my original edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Wham
United States
Lake Geneva
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In both the West End (1986) and Pegasue (1997) editions, Cities and Villages go in the Cup or Thing Bag. The Backs all should read: "Neutralized". They will be the same in the upcoming 2010 Pegasus/Z-Man edition as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.