United States
Farmington Hills
Mi
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is copied from TMP and answers some tentative questions about the game:

Hello all,

First of all I have updated the preview pages at wargamesvault so you can see different parts of the rules than before. Also I am in the process of trying to find miniature game reviewers to send complimentary copies to who will post a review. If you have a website or other web presence and would be willing to play the game and post a review please email me at quantumpublications@hotmail.com

As for the questions already asked:
1. activation is card driven; higher ranked characters get more cards in the deck and thus will have more turns and a higher probability of activating first. However, it is possible to get activated and use all your turns in sequence and potentially take out all your opponents or not get activated until last and have to fight off several opponents before being able to respond in kind.
2. Each character has nine characteristics although for most battles only five will be used regularly and they are attack, defense, accuracy, strikes and wounds.
3. dice are d20 for attacks and d6 for damage
4. a typical game can last from 15 minutes to 45 minutes but games are scenario driven so this really depends, most battles can be resolved pretty quickly, i.e. with A Fatal Blow;
5. there is a record sheet for book keeping but during a battle most book keeping can be done by placing a die next to your figure;
6. there is a campaign setting but it is not developed yet;
7. characters do gain experience and can use the XP to purchase fighting skills (i.e. barbarian, warrior, fighter, etc.)
8. right now you get everything that is out including a sample sheet of NPC Characters with their stats and weapons and equipment (i.e. knight, bandit, townsfolk). This is really helpful for using the game mechanics in other games.
9. the scale is 28mm-32mm
10. you can play on any size table i.e. one on one fight or a party of fighters fighting over a large terrain area;
11. as for the number of miniatures usually your party will include a Captain, a Champion and two or three Troopers so I would say five figures but the Champion and Captain are interchangeable to a certain degree.
12. Attacks are resolved by cross referencing attack value against defense value to get a to hit number. You roll this number or higher to score a hit.
13. It is not IGO UGO as it is card driven.
14. The difference in this game between a warrior and a fighter is a warrior has special abilities related to his morale, discipline and attacks; a fighter has special abilities related to his weapons and fighting prowess. For example in the movie Rob Roy, Liam Neeson character of Rob Roy would be a warrior, while Tim Roth's character of Archibald Cunningham would be a fighter.
15. Designer Notes. There are also some interesting designer notes included at the end of the rules for those who like to buy rules to compare them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.