Nick Reed
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Before Christmas I cheekily tried to submit an image through geekmod which was rightfully rejected and I subsequently posted a copy in my user gallery instead. All fair enough.

However, I was just browsing my "Thumbs Received : Image" list, and the original image is there, listed with the 2 thumbs it gained during geekmodding before it got rejected. When I click on it, I'm taken to a normal image page. All resolutions are clearly visible, but it says "This image is pending approval" in a yellow banner at the top. It doesn't seem accessible or visible from the gallery I tried to post it to, but this link still exists.

Seeing as it was rejected over 2 months ago now... this doesn't seem right?

In a similar vein, I also have listed 2 reviews that were geekmod-rejected last August - these also take me to 'pending approval' pages, but the reviews aren't present.

(if an admin wants to know, I can supply the id's of these things)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick B
United States
Sunnyvale
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I never noticed it in the thumbs list, but declined images stay in the database. I can go back and view images I modded that eventually got declined going all the way back to 2006 in my mod history.

I don't see a problem with the system counting thumbs of declined content, because it's the equivalent of the content in personal galleries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Reed
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'm not too bothered about the thumbs myself, but I thought it worth mentioning. Most noteably because right now a url does exist which claims a particular image is potentially part of a publisher's gallery here on BGG. This seems like a loophole that could be exploited for inappropriate 'hilarity' purposes. I would think, even if everything else stays as is, rejected images should be moved to 'belong' to the submitter's user gallery. Still rejected and essentially invisible I mean, but if the url became public there's no mis-association with the gallery it's been rejected from. .... if that makes any sense?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
THUMBS?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.