D-Day at Omaha Beach» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Bloody Reinforcements spoil a perfect plan! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Australia
Sebastopol (Ballarat)
Victoria
flag msg tools
That's Karl on the left. Eternity on the right.
badge
I love Melissa, but don't tell her. It's a secret if she can find this. Shhhhh....
mbmbmbmbmb
Bloody Reinforcements spoil a perfect plan!

I had a fairly successful beach landing. For once my Rangers landed relatively intact and managed to run up the beach to the German positions. (I did neglect getting most of my armour off the low tide line and much of it was taken by the sea)

On the West beach, The Rangers focused on Draw D-1 while the HQ was disrupted (and had to reform) and General led the forces against the eastern draw.

I was about to secure the Draw when REINFORCEMENTS arrived and killed my chances!

End Game – West Side

On the East Beach I made steady progress, particularly up the middle. But any attempt in the east was repelled by heavy resistance. The 1st suffered numerous casualties. Lack of GI initiative stopped F Company from securing the reinforcement position. I then drew the left card (refer picture below) “German Reinforcements in C”, followed by the (right card, refer picture below) “red triangle” of doom and Foxtrot was reduced to “ineffective” and I suffered a catastrophic defeat on turn 16.

End Game – East Side

Assuming I counted correctly, I actually managed 10 VPs, which would not yet have been enough to scrape by into the battle for the high ground. But I did have one last activation round to get to 12 VPs. But alas, it wasn’t meant to be.

In the Centre, the two Generals had great success in clearing most of the draws. But a stubborn German platoon in WN 66S proved very problematic when no one could find a mortar!

End Game – Centre

Aftermath

Another fun game. Very tense and very challenging. Now, if only I could get a few Naval Artillery chits instead of German Reinforcements
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Langdon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Red Triangle of Doom....i so know that feeling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.