Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
quiet, not much content
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I was inspired with all the posts I saw about storing Dominion. I really like the one with the custom made boxes, but didn't have the cardstock on hand. The one with all the little tuckboxes was beautiful, but I knew there was no way I could stick with it for all three sets of the game.

Then I saw klydefrog's solution. So simple, just creating three rows in the box! I didn't have the large construction paper he had to make it all with one piece of paper, but I'm a scrapbooker, so you KNOW I have paper! I took two 12x12 sheets of cardstock (just slightly heavier than paper). One sheet trimmed down slightly fit the bottom of the box. With the second sheet I cut two strips of paper. If memory serves correctly I wanted to make the dividers two inches tall, so I needed 4 inches per divider, plus extra space to make flaps to glue down. Simply cut the 12x12 paper in half. Folding at (approx here, I'm going by memory)1 inch, 3 inches, and 7 inches. Glue to the bottom cardstock using the flaps. A glue that works quite nicely is called "zipdry". Dries very quickly, respositionable until it does and easy to remove any excess (before it dries). I tried to upload a photo, but it was declined because there are no dominion components in it.

I printed out the card dividers that came from happycamper, but were modified for back to back printing by solamar. I love the idea that you can sort the cards from either front or back. Went through and covered each tab on the card with scotch tape to strengthen it because I'm too cheap to get it all laminated.

I did a couple of things differently than solamar. I did not cut the player mats, but there is plenty of room since I don't use card sleeves. The other thing was that instead of having a "5th player" and "6th player" section I divided the coin and treasure cards into the numbers that come with each game (Dominion and Intrigue). So I have two sets of coins and treasures.

I realized after I put all the cards in, that because I don't use card protectors I had a fair amount of room left in each row. I realized I could use foam core to make a lightweight ('cause trust me, that box don't need no more weight) support for the end of each row. After cutting the pieces of foam core I covered them with more cardstock - since I didn't plan this out I didn't have enough of the original colour, hence the two tone look.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice job! Without the sleeves, you will have a lot more room. For me it was hard to fit it all in the box.

Yes, I could have not cut the cards, but then they were buried below all my notes sheets and coins and embargo coins. Folded in my case they are easier to get out.

If anyone wonders where the tabs came from, here is the location, with my box example in the comments:

Dominion Seaside - Tabbed Dividers for trading card box storage
Edit: Moved to Dominion_Card_Dividers_ALL Based on HappyCamper's Files
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quiet, not much content
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Solamar wrote:
Nice job! Without the sleeves, you will have a lot more room. For me it was hard to fit it all in the box.

Yes, I could have not cut the cards, but then they were buried below all my notes sheets and coins and embargo coins. Folded in my case they are easier to get out.

If anyone wonders where the tabs came from, here is the location, with my box example in the comments:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/48418/dominion-seaside...

Thanks for the link, I didn't even think to do that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Allen
United States
Astatula
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
deborahjeanne wrote:

Then I saw klydefrog's solution. So simple, just creating three rows in the box! I didn't have the large construction paper he had to make it all with one piece of paper,

Thanks! Here is that link to how to make the rows with a single sheet of construction paper and no glue or tape.

Nice work on yours. The nice thing about no sleeves is that it looks like you can fit another couple of expansions in there

Edit: removed picture
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.