• [+] Dice rolls
Rick B
United States
Sunnyvale
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This thought is probably not constructive, but I also think of Gheos when I think of that theme. I do think it is interesting enough theme to do something more 'epic' than Gheos though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Belli
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you have an interesting concept.

I'm not sure the average American knows what the word "Pangea" means and that might impact sales... no matter how carefully crafted the game might be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Metzger
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DeltaAlphaBravo wrote:
Yes, I saw those 4 games. None of which are uber popular. Hence large scale production. I'm thinking more along the lines of WOTR or Risk plays.

It very well could have been a bad idea
Wanting to make or see a game that gets mass-produced does not mean it's going to happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Plumley
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm not quite sure how remarkable it would be. The mountain ranges and lakes would be different compared to how they are today. You'd just end up with a...

Somewhat random land mass surrounded by water.

Sounds familiar....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Squires
United States
Woodland Hills
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Hmm I think something like epic evolution in Pangaea could be interesting.

For examples, if players started out controlling very rudimentary creatures, in a certain kind of environment. As turns move on, the environment changes, and by controlling certain resources players are able to adapt and produce new types of things... it could take place over millions of years (hundreds of millions?).

So I could see players starting in the ocean surrounding Pangaea, evolving to create some sort of land-capable creatures (hence controlling new resources). I could see how it could take an ultra scientific turn which might detract from gameplay.. but on the other hand, it could have a simple Civ element to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hutchings
Australia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a similar game idea, inspired by the fictional prehistory of Robert E. Howard (Conan and King Kull), and by a couple of Diplomacy variants I found on the web.

Various civilisations - or rather groups that cycle through the inevitable cycle of savagery, barbarism, civilisation and decadence - interact with each other on the primal continent. However a great disaster will wipe most of them out. Perhaps the ultimate objective could be to control the highest mountain, the only area that's going to survive the great flood. You could potentially have interesting opportunities for strategy where the lowlands are the most valuable, but are the first to go. Likewise tribes of barbarians could be weaker, but more mobile, than great cities. The area that will survive could be unknown; perhaps a certain level of science/magic is required to divine where and when (or conversely perhaps this is ancient knowledge which barbarians preserve and the civilised forget).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.