Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Stingel
Australia
Cairns
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
haven't played the game yet but I've been going over the rules preparing to teach it to my kids.

I like the Zombi Character mechanism as a counter to early player elimination but I'm a little confused how the game will finally end..

If I'm playing a two-player Single Mission and one player is killed off early on, that player will then become a Zombi Character. if they manage to kill the surviving Character the game will end immediately, a victory to the Zombi Character (since they'll have the most character kills), is that correct?

Once a player becomes a Zombi Character is there any way they can be hurt or are they then invulnerable?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cookingham
United States
Poughkeepsie
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My snarky responses:
* Do you hate your kids?
* Aren't there laws against child abuse in Australia?
* Are you concerned what they may do to you in response?

Ok, sorry, had to get that out of my system... not too fond of this game.

While it depends on the style of game you are playing, you are correct for most of them. If one zombi character kills the only other player, then they win.

The rules don't say otherwise.. so I would assume that the zombi character takes damage like any other zombi. Otherwise, it would be pretty cheap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Stingel
Australia
Cairns
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
well I'm hoping my kids like the game, if they don't it cost me less than a trip to the cinema so it'll be no big deal :)

am I right then in saying that if the Zombi Character takes damage like any other Zombi it will only take one hit to kill it? and if that's the case can a surviving player target Zombi Characters on their turn rather than drawing their usual three cards? I can't see anything about this in the rules or the publisher's FAQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John J Perry Jr
United States
East Templeton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Andrew!

Chaos Isle goes over very well with the younger set. Pretty good chance your kids will enjoy it thoroughly.

As for your question: Zombi Characters cannot be targeted. On the Zombi Character's turn he makes the full number of attacks allowed by that Zombi for 1 Battle Turn and then play passes to the next player. And Jason is correct, when all surviving characters have been turned into Zombis, or when a Character has successfully completed his Mission, the hand (if playing in Campaign mode) or game is over. The new expansion that we are currently working on will enable those with a thirst for beating on Zombi Characters to do just that. zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Stingel
Australia
Cairns
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks John :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.