Subject: I was bored- 25+card ideas rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Duncan
New Zealand
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really was bored and unable to sleep, so I started jotting down a few ideas which quickly lead to others. Some are better than others and things like the price need sorting out. If any turn out to be liked I'll look into actully making an image for these.

So, in no particular order, I give you:

Accountant[or Financier?] (6)
Action
+1 Buy
Trash a card from your hand. + coins eqaul to its value.

Poacher (3)
Action-Attack
+1 Action
Each other player reveals their hand choose one card for each to discard.
+1 coin per card discarded.

Castle (5)
Action-Reaction-Victory [too much?]
+1 action
+1 coin
1 Point
When another player plays an attack reveal this card. If you do you are unaffected by the attack.

Garison [spelling?] (3)
Action-Reaction
+1 card
+1 coin
When another player plays an attack card, reveal this card. By discarding any card from your hand you are unaffected by the attack

Outrider (5)
Action-Counterattack [New type OK?]
+1 action
+1 card
When another player plays an attack card you may place this card in your play area. This and subseqent attacks with the outrider in play incur the attacker a curse card (multiple outriders have no cumulative effect). If used in this way the card is discarded at the start of your next turn.

Architect (5)
Action
+1 Action
+1 card
You way trash any two cards from your hand. Gain one card costing at most the combined value of the trashed cards.

Magistrate (3/4){not sure]
action [not attack-like tribute]
+1 action
Each other player discards an attack card then draws a card or reveals a hand contaianing no attacks.

Mercenary (3)
+2 cards
Trash the top card of any supply pile

I'll leave you with that-more to follow it'll hopefully make the thread easier to read as a whole.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Spencer
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like you may just have something there with the Accountant. I daresay you may find it a bit overpriced, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCarthy
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
POACHER! surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Metzger
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Accountant[or Financier?] (6)
Action
+1 Buy
Trash a card from your hand. + coins eqaul to its value.

Lol salvager.

Quote:
Poacher (3)
Action-Attack
+1 Action
Each other player reveals their hand choose one card for each to discard.
+1 coin per card discarded.
WAAAAAAAAY too strong. Power ramps up significantly with more players, but even in a 2p, having some control over your opponent's HAND is powerful.

Spy has a +1 card attached, but even then doesn't act like a half-militia like this does.

Without the +action and +coin, this should be a cost 4 or 5.

Quote:
Castle (5)
Action-Reaction-Victory [too much?]
+1 action
+1 coin
1 Point
When another player plays an attack reveal this card. If you do you are unaffected by the attack.
Cost 4.

Quote:
Garrison (3)
Action-Reaction
+1 card
+1 coin
When another player plays an attack card, reveal this card. By discarding any card from your hand you are unaffected by the attack
Cost 2.

Quote:
Outrider (5)
+1 action
+1 card
When another player plays an attack card you may place this card in your play area. This and subseqent attacks with the outrider in play incur the attacker a curse card (multiple outriders have no cumulative effect). If used in this way the card is discarded at the start of your next turn.
Weirdly written. It makes more sense as a straight-up reaction card, and even then this whole "attack me for a curse!" concept is too much "take that!" for my tastes. Rewrite it as if it's just a reaction, as I don't think you have enough potential for this whole new card type.

Quote:
Architect (5)
Action
+1 Action
+1 card
You way trash any two cards from your hand. Gain one card costing at most the combined value of the trashed cards.
Turning silver and duchies into provinces, or curses and VPs into similar VPs. Way too strong, IMO, especially with the Self-replacement.

Quote:
Magistrate (3/4){not sure]
action [not attack-like tribute]
+1 action
Each other player discards an attack card then draws a card or reveals a hand contaianing no attacks.
HMMMM...this one has some potential. Honestly, I wouldn't mind it as an attack, since a player needs a moat AND an attack card in their hands to prevent it. There are going to be many turns where it will be pretty pointless though because there's no personal upshot to it.

Either make it self-replacing (+1 A, +1 C) or tack on some +$.

Quote:
Mercenary (3)
+2 cards
Trash the top card of any supply pile
Also has some potential, but a very indirect attack. Speeds up some games significantly though. I *think* the cost is about right...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan
New Zealand
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all feed back so far-opps with the slavager there (I havn't got around to getting seaside. Sad I know...soon-before alchemy is released) maybe my preliminary researches left a subconcious trace in my mind...or whatever

I never expected many to meet much approval and it is a conitnuing process.
Here's a few more atleast-I DO actually have the 25+ but am too lazy to do a them all here at oncelaugh

Quote:
Quote:
Outrider (5)
+1 action
+1 card
Weirdly written. It makes more sense as a straight-up reaction card, and even then this whole "attack me for a curse!" concept is too much "take that!" for my tastes. Rewrite it as if it's just a reaction, as I don't think you have enough potential for this whole new card type.

Quick rewrite:How about once this card is revealed a player can choose to take the curse and attack or leave you alone?

Assassin
this turned into a complete mess-maybe later

Cultist (3/4[?])
Action
Choose one:
discard a curse-if you do +2 cards, +1 action
OR
+1 action, Trash up to 2 curses from your hand

Archive (2?)
Action
Exchange a card from your hand for one of the top 3 cards in the trash worth no more than 3 coins more than the exchanged card.

General (5)
Action-Attack
[ + actions, cards...??]
Each othe player discards cards to a combine value of at least 6

Hunting Village [I had to-stop groaning] (4)
Action
+1 card +2 actions
Reveal the top 2 cards of your deck, you may discard or replace eithir or both in any order

Astrologer
Action-attack
+1 action, +1 2 coins
each player ( including you) revealks the top 4 cars of their deck. Choose one from each to be discarded. Players then return their cards in any order

Bailiff [for a certain group of you out there] (5)
Action- attack
+1 action, +1 buy, +1 coin
each other player discards any "village" type card or reveals a hand with none

That and/or

Tax Collector (2)
Action-[Attack?]
each other player reveals their hand. +1 coin for each "village" type card in their hands

Reeve [Though in retrospect no one would ever want it (generally)] (2)
Action
Victory cards with cost of 5 or less are treated as one coin cheaper for your turn

Supply Train (COST?)
action
+1 action
choose one:
Take the top 2 cards from ypur discard pile
or
+2 cards
[problem is there isn't any set way to order discarded cards-so players would just need to tidy carefully]

Ok, I think i'll leave part 2 and finish it off Tomorrowsometime.Soon.

EDIT: all right right now...no one's responded yet

Nightwatchman (2)
Action-reaction
+2 cards
put the top card of your discard pile into your hand
When another player plays an attack you may discard this card-you are then unaffected by the attack.

Siege (4)

On secon tyhoughts too similar to saboteur

Tithe (5/6?)
+1 action +1 buy
For each card bought by other players since your last turn +1 coin.

Guild Hall (4)
Victory
Worth one point for every 5 action cards in your deck at the end of the game

Mayor
No, I'll leave it

Artisan (4)
Action
+2 cards
Reveal a card from your hand, gain a nother identical card (value 6 or less) for 2 coins
You must then reveal your hand and discard any remaining artisans.

Master merchant (4)
Action
+1 card
reveal a card and discard the rest of your hand. recieve + coins either to the value of the revealed card or a specific point value if it has one. You may not play any further actions.

Yeah ok, not quite 25 cards but i got rid of some dodgy ones and resisted doing the palace (+25% pts) because it's a too blatant copy of San Juan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.