Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Чебурашка, ты настоящий друг!
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
Scheiß Inselaffen!
mbmbmbmbmb
Underneath the map, it states fairly clearly that this is a playtest map. I'm sure when the game gets closer to production and once the GMT artist has had a look at the project, the map will be much improved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Young
Wales
Wellesley
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
And if you never have, you should. These things are fun and fun is good.
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, its a playtest map.

If someone would like to design a new playtest map that they like we are all ears.

But rest assured that the production map will be created with the highest of concerns for playability, aesthetics and consumption.

devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Actually I quite like it. I'm also aware that Internet pictures rarely give the true colours and effects.

The only thing I do hope they remove from all art is the crown and sword icon, it really does not fit into the general style.

I'd love to get a sneak peek at the rules as well.

Damn, I'm sounding like some demanding kid now, I better stop

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
United States
San Diego area
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DorianGray wrote:
It honestly looks very 80s or 90s.

Not even on par with GMT's more recent releases like wilderness war or For the People.

It's the playtest map, not final.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave de Vil
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
My concern is historical accuracy, rather than prettiness.

As an advisor on Richard III I failed to get the boundaries put in the right place, and this game also has problems in this area; with the borders of Middlesex, Cheshire, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire and Somerset corresponding to their 1974 manifestations rather than the Medieval boundaries that lasted 1000 years.

On aesthetics I dislike the use of gold and silver for yellow and white.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
Angry Martian wrote:
My concern is historical accuracy, rather than prettiness.

I don't think one precludes the other. I agree with you on the historical accuracy being important. Nothing drives me more nuts than watching a movie about some historical event that throws in something historically wonky from left field for formulated dramatics. On the other hand if I am going to be looking at that map for four hours it is my hope that is will be pleasing to the eye.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.