Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jerome Nivet
Ireland
Cork City
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I'd love to get my hands on Caylus. I understand that the 2nd edition is better thanks to new cardboard coins and the inclusion of the Jeweler bonus tile.

I know an online retailer that I trust and that's what they offer:

http://www.iguk.co.uk/products/caylus-1st-edition-6963.aspx

Yep, it reads 1st edition..And I thought it wasn't even produced any longer I contacted their friendly customer service and what they told is that "2005" was written on the box, so they think it must be the 1st edition. The model number is ASMCAY01FU and it looks like the Ystari Games version.

Is it a case of their supplier trying to clear out their stock of old 1st editions or have they just forgotten to update the product info page? Has anybody ordered their copy of Caylus from Infinity Games? Was it 1st or 2nd edition?

Or can you recommend an online stockist shipping to Ireland that has 2nd in stock?

Thanks!

Edit: incorrect release date amended

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Железный комиссар
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Caylus was first released in 2005, so something sounds off to me.

Ah, I see. Fixed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nivet
Ireland
Cork City
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, 2005 is what I meant! Edited the original post. Sorry and thanks for pointing that out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
The Diamond Geezer wrote:
The model number is ASMCAY01FU and it looks like the Ystari Games version.

Which Ystari version?

First Edition ........ Second & subsequent editions

The fact that it has an Asmodee model number almost certainly means its a later edition.

It's been a long, long time since anyone has seen a first edition in a shop, I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is nothing wrong with the first edition. In fact, I prefer it, since it has the royal purple cubes instead of the super-dark indigo cubes. The main complaint someone could have is the plastic money instead of cardboard coins. I owned and played the second edition for years, then had the first edition for a short period of time and this wasn't a problem for me. I now own the premium edition, so it's really not a problem now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
dcorban wrote:
There is nothing wrong with the first edition.

Agreed. I've got the first edition, and didn't even feel the need to ask for some cardboard coins when they were offering them for free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nivet
Ireland
Cork City
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SteveK2 wrote:
The Diamond Geezer wrote:
The model number is ASMCAY01FU and it looks like the Ystari Games version.

Which Ystari version?

The visual on the website shows the box with the burly man holding the sceptre, which is 2nd edtion I presume

I just placed the order. We'll see which one arrives Thanks for your advice people cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nivet
Ireland
Cork City
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello again,

I received my copy of Caylus today. I can confirm that it is the 2nd edition released by Ystari Games. It has the king with the sceptre on the box, the coins are made of cardboard but no Jeweller tile as it appears that it was ot included in european 2nd edition.

Not a big deal. I ordered one on the Ystari website

I emailed Infinity Games UK to let them know that it is the 2nd edition.

I appreciate everybody's contribution to this thread. Thanks for the information provided!cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.