Aaron Gelb
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking for some minis, size not super important, but somewhere roughly the around Warhammer scale, or the scale of playing pieces for games like DOOM, etc.

I'm looking for mini's that are the same character, but in 3 positions.

I'm looking for: a humanoid standing upright/running
the same humanoid kneeling
the same humanoid prone

Ideally the model should be sci-fi esque.

I'm trying to incorporate different rules/modifiers to a game depending on if the player is upright, kneeling, or prone and would love to be able to reflect that on the game table.

If anyone knows of any manufacturers or websites that offers this, I'd be happy to pay some geekgold.

I thought about using plastic army men, but they're kinda boring and really only offer WWII or modern era. Plus the kneeling ones usually have different weapons than the standing ones, etc.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slev Sleddeddan
United Kingdom
Victoria Park
Manchester
flag msg tools
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
badge
Don't you open that trapdoor!
mbmbmbmbmb
You're then looking for figures between 20mm and 30mm scale.

I'd try Ground Zero Games myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Eisenhauer
India
New Delhi
Delhi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does it have to be miniatures? How about a "Card Board Heroes" kind of thing? You know, pictuers of the figure in three different posistions each printed on cardboard, folded up and put into a stand. You could also print the pics on labels and attach them to wooden cylinders or cubes or what-have-you. That would allowe you to use whatever kind os period / customization you wanted to do at very low cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morse
England
Barnard Castle
flag msg tools
designer
badge
not the nose, not the nose!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for this, but the first thing that came to mind was toy soldiers. You've definatley got those poses with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Winter
United Kingdom
Hawarden
Deeside
flag msg tools
badge
Someone gave me 88gg for a rules translation and all I got was this lousy overtext
mbmbmbmbmb
Assault group do modern infantry in a full range of poses,
some examples here
http://www.theassaultgroup.co.uk/store/product.php?productid...

Rezolution CSO troopers come standing and kneeling, but not prone
http://store.aberrantgames.com/cso.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.