Popular Tags: [View All]
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
Training field technicians at trade school level
badge
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it."
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

Here are a couple of graphs you can use to check the differences between the 5 heroes. There's tons of info in these pictures, so I would like to read your comments on what you see!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fling
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wiet wrote:
Hi all,

Here are a couple of graphs you can use to check the differences between the 5 heroes. There's tons of info in these pictures, so I would like to read your comments on what you see!

Really Great! Thanks for posting! Im going to print them, cut them, and stick them in my game box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it."
mbmbmbmbmb
joefling34 wrote:
Really Great! Thanks for posting! Im going to print them, cut them, and stick them in my game box.

Thanks!

You should wait for the PDF-versions if you want to make prints. I put those up for reviewing and I expect they should arrive in the files-section soon. I'll post a link when they do!

EDIT: OK, so the PDF's just got declined. I guess the admins didn't like the filesize or something (2 files, 752kb and 506kb). Who knows? But it looks like you'll have to make do with these JPG's (or PM me your email address if you'd like the PDF's).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the attack values and damages just base values? Next turn and opponent's card type, etc. bonus not included?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:
Are the attack values and damages just base values? Next turn and opponent's card type, etc. bonus not included?

Yep, that's precisely what they are. But you're making a valid point: these bonuses are important. I haven't quite figured out how to add this info to the graphs. Maybe you or someone else can look into this sometime?

I have put the Excel-file which I used for making these graphs up for reviewing. Once it's admitted to the files-section I'll post the link.

EDIT: Well call me a girlyscout and paint me red!! The xls got declined as well! What on earth could have been wrong with it??? As the admin's message doesn't give me any clue towards why the file wasn't accepted, I have no idea what to do to make it better. So, alas!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wiet wrote:
Yep, that's precisely what they are. But you're making a valid point: these bonuses are important. I haven't quite figured out how to add this info to the graphs. Maybe you or someone else can look into this sometime?

I'll leave to someone more knowledgeable. Math makes my head hurt blush .

Those bonuses do swing things a bit I would think, not sure how much (or how to input them into the graphs TBH). Also another thing that is probably very hard (impossible) to factor in are the "cannot be cancelled" cards. IIRC, Thalin has at least 3 of his 3 damage cards with that text, so he can play those without fear of getting them cancelled by an opposing move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:
Also another thing that is probably very hard (impossible) to factor in are the "cannot be cancelled" cards. IIRC, Thalin has at least 3 of his 3 damage cards with that text, so he can play those without fear of getting them cancelled by an opposing move.

Here's an overview I made of all the Combat cards, sorted by name. You can read each card's stats and special ability, and see how many of them each hero has in his/her deck. This at least gives you all the info in one table, but as I said I'm not sure how to translate this into the graphs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Butler
United States
Fort Walton Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A few thoughts that I had was to make a few more graphs, as follows:

Max attack/defense cards:
(1a) Maximum attack per player per card (which would assume the bonuses all were triggered)
(1b) Maximum defense per player per card (again, assume the bonuses all were triggered)

Each graph would contain 25 cards total per person.

Special ability summary:
(2a) # of cards that can't be cancelled
(2b) # of cards that cause opponents' cards to be cancelled
(2c) # of cards with attack special ability of some sort
(2d) # of cards with defense special ability of some sort
(2e) # of cards with miscellaneous special abilities (e.g., Eleanor's retreat cards, etc.) that don't easily match up from one character to another.

These could be combined into 2 graphs, as indicated by the numbering for each item.

Include the 3 Sauron decks in the analysis as well, and perhaps even the training deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wanted to make the original Excel-file available for people to expand on this idea, or tinker with the data themselves. Unfortunately the xls got rejected by the admins (with no reason given).

Here's a JPG from the file. The only other option would be for people to type over the numbers in a new file of their own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam vanLangenberg
Australia
Cheltenham
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Graphs gone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vanadamme wrote:
Graphs gone?

Hmm, those images were on imageshack. Looks like they expired or soemthing. Will try to fix this over the weekend by finding the original images and uploading them to my BGG gallery. Should have done it that way from the beginning really. Thanks for the heads up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter K. Hubig
Germany
bei Aschaffenburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wiet wrote:
vanadamme wrote:
Graphs gone?

..... Will try to fix this over the weekend by finding the original images and uploading them to my BGG gallery.....

Have you been successful with your plan? Can't find them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pkh1 wrote:
Wiet wrote:
vanadamme wrote:
Graphs gone?

..... Will try to fix this over the weekend by finding the original images and uploading them to my BGG gallery.....

Have you been successful with your plan? Can't find them!

So sorry, I forgot blush
Fixed now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter K. Hubig
Germany
bei Aschaffenburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lotthumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.