Subject: Rebels rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Flavio Ezio
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the surviving Rebels eliminated if defeated in combat ? Rules mentioned Raiders but say nothing about Rebels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
phil woolway
United Kingdom
Watchet
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmb
I dont know the answer Ezio but this may help. If you recognise that Imperator has its origin in King of Kings, then Kok rules state that "Until the rebels are eliminated, the city produces no tribute." which to me implies that while some rebels may be killed, the remainder will stay in possession of the city until completely eliminated (probably because they are surrounded and have nowhere else to run). In other words, they dont give up after a defeat as raiders do but remain in control of the city until they are destroyed. What do you think?

I dont have the Imperator rules to hand, so if you have a pdf of them perhaps you could share them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
phil woolway
United Kingdom
Watchet
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmb
Perhaps I could add that in the Kok rules, "Rebels become another player. Their turn comes after the last existing player turn. They never
pay upkeep, collect income, roll diplomacy, or ever have a force pool."

So this would imply that rebels cannot rebuild units back to full strength as the militia would.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Ezio
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
philwoo wrote:
I dont know the answer Ezio but this may help. If you recognise that Imperator has its origin in King of Kings, then Kok rules state that "Until the rebels are eliminated, the city produces no tribute." which to me implies that while some rebels may be killed, the remainder will stay in possession of the city until completely eliminated (probably because they are surrounded and have nowhere else to run). In other words, they dont give up after a defeat as raiders do but remain in control of the city until they are destroyed. What do you think?

I dont have the Imperator rules to hand, so if you have a pdf of them perhaps you could share them?

Phil,
I agree with you about rebels inside a town (they remain in control of the city until they are destroyed). But what if the rebels are outside a city that did not join the rebels and they were defeated in combat by a relief force ?
I've not a pdf file for Imperator

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
phil woolway
United Kingdom
Watchet
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ezio
I still dont know the answer and I havent played Imperator for a long while, but this has a kind of neat symmetry to it:
Militia are patriots and if partly defeated will rebuild their force.
Raiders are only in it for the money and if partly defeated will slink away home.
Rebels are fired up with revolutionary fervour and will fight to the last man but cannot replace lost forces (like in the Spanish Civil War).
whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Ezio
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree.
Well, I will play as follows:
If Rebel forces are inside a city they will fight to the last man.
If they are outside a city they are eliminated if defeated.
Unlike Kok, I thought Imperator had not need any addition....but I was wrong...soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Ezio
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another mistake angry
In the Attila scenario it's impossible that the Eastern Empire starts the game with only 25 treasure points.
The scenario starts in summer and the Eastern Empire will not be able to pay upkeep in winter. Print error ? Then 125 or 250 (like other powers) ?
I think 125 should be fine.
With 125 the victory starting points should be:
Western Empire: 212
Huns: 260
Sassanids: 270
Eastern Empire: 285
Visigoths: 297
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.