Mark Salzwedel
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep hearing of people who have used some sort of rotating device to obviate players walking around the table to look for a block they can use. In my experience, most are too small or too unsteady to use once the tower gets any height to it. Has anyone found one that works with this game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
ssgames wrote:
I keep hearing of people who have used some sort of rotating device to obviate players walking around the table to look for a block they can use. In my experience, most are too small or too unsteady to use once the tower gets any height to it. Has anyone found one that works with this game?
Well, I have a HUGE lazy susan I sometime use for Puerto Rico. It might be stable enough. But given how high the blocks can stack, I am more inclined to have people walk around the table. I can see what you are saying that it would be difficult to make sure the people do not fall off or the blocks fall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dea Draper
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ssgames wrote:

This works perfectly with Climbers. My husband build this lazy Susan for me for my birthday a couple of years ago. It has been most useful with Climbers which I recently acquired.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Leach
United Kingdom
Godalming
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
Just found a decent sized lazy susan at Ikea, 39cm should be wide enough for Climbers. I imagine it's the users that will determine how unstable the set up is. If you turn slowly and calmly it shouldn't fall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Estall
United Kingdom
Bisley
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jugular wrote:
Just found a decent sized lazy susan at Ikea, 39cm should be wide enough for Climbers. I imagine it's the users that will determine how unstable the set up is. If you turn slowly and calmly it shouldn't fall.

I've just ordered The Climbers so I'm very interested to hear how you get on with this purchase... you never know, it might persuade me to venture back into Ikea!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Boyle
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this for the first time last night. We used a plastic place mat to spin the tower around, which worked perfectly. These are large enough, cheap, and probably more portable than a lazy susan for when you take The Climbers on the road.

Here is an example of what I'm talking about:
/us/en/catalog/products/10152743/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deb Wentworth
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I built this a couple of years ago for Settlers - got tired of using the warped border. OK, "built" is maybe too strong of a verb - but it's a lazy susan base, fastened to a cutting board and covered with nonslip rubber shelf liner stuff. This works well.

It's shown leaning at an angle to demonstrate the nonslip covering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.