Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Norton
United States
Seymour
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted this question on FFG's site but alas no answers yet.

Couple of questions:

1. A bugs land by a base and pushes it off the outline of the base. The bug is not on top of the base but is taking up half the base outline.

Do you put the base back on the outline? If so, where does the bug go?

If not, when, if ever, do you put the base back on the the outline?

2. If a bug land on the base giving the base it's first hit. What happens to the bug?

Stays on the base? Back to it's homeland?

If it stays on the base can I just touch it to put another hit on it next turn?

3. If a bug land on a bug that is atop another bug, does it kill both bugs on just the one it is physically on?

Thanks,

Bill
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bnorton916 wrote:
1. A bugs land by a base and pushes it off the outline of the base. The bug is not on top of the base but is taking up half the base outline.

Do you put the base back on the outline? If so, where does the bug go?

If not, when, if ever, do you put the base back on the the outline?

In the original X-bugs there was no rule requiring bases to be moved back to their starting locations. Excepting the etremely rare situation (which I have never witnessed) where a base gets knocked off the playing feild I don't understand why it's important to keep bases immobile.

My gut impusle is to ignore the rule that says that you have to replace bases where they started unless the base gets knocked off the playing area.

I would conjecture that a ruling more in line with the Micro Mutants rules would be: 1) Place the base back in its starting position. 2) The owner of the base places the enemy bug however they wish adjacent to the base.

Quote:
2. If a bug land on the base giving the base it's first hit. What happens to the bug?

Stays on the base? Back to it's homeland?

If it stays on the base can I just touch it to put another hit on it next turn?

Page 9 of the rules states:
"When captured, an undamaged base is flipped to its damaged side. The owner of the base places the capturing bug adjacent to the damaged base and the move of that bug is over (regardless of any special ability). If the bug is double-sided, it is placed with its normal side up."

Quote:
3. If a bug land on a bug that is atop another bug, does it kill both bugs on just the one it is physically on?

Page 7 of the rules states:
"Capture: when any portion of a piece overlaps an enemy piece, the enemy piece is captured. A captured bug is usually eliminated and removed from the playing area."

It doesn't matter how many enemy pieces your bug overlaps. They all get captured. Note that it does not mention anything about the pieces physically touching.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Norton
United States
Seymour
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answers they seem reasonable.

About point 3 though. I was referring to the case where you had a bug on a bug. But then another colored bug on these bugs. But the top bug isn't touching or even on top of the bottom bug.
If you took the middle bug away the top bug wouldn't be on top of the bottom bug. Does this make sense? Probably not.

A picture would explain what I mean instantly. soblue

Bill
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I get what you are saying. There are three bugs. Bug 2 overlaps bug 1. Bug 3, of a different color, overlaps bug 2 but not bug 1.

In this case only bug 2 would be captured.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Norton
United States
Seymour
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great. I appreciate it.

Bill
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.