Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam O'Brien
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Even Cleverer Overtext
badge
Every time someone activates this overtext, it takes a year off my life. Hover often please!
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally received my copy of Hansa Teutonica in the mail yesterday (I stupidly opted for the cheapest ground shipping from a shop in the UK, took about 5 weeks). I was pretty stoked to finally get it. I immediately removed the shrink, and inhaled the intoxicating "new game smell". Mmmmm, a rich blend of German cardboard and wood bits.

The odd thing was as I was in that chit-punching haze, I came to a sudden stop when I noticed I was punching a second blue "escritoire". For some reason, my copy came with doubles of all of the cardboard punch-sheets. So I have 10 escritoires (2 of each color) 8 soldier chits, and 32 bonus markers. Not complaining of course, just struck me as strange.

I suppose I could use them for some crazy-ass variants (10-player game of team Hansa-T anyone? Game doesn't end until 32 bonus markers are claimed?).

If someone opens their copy and it doesn't have any cardboard bits in it, I guess we know where they went. Has anyone else had weird mis-packs from Argentum Verlag?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Silva
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmb
how lucky of you

i'll tell you if i had any mispacking when i get home and rip off the plastic from the copy i got today
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duffy
United States
Phoenixville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Mr Worf.....Fire!
mbmbmbmbmb
Adam, if you make an entry on this awesome list:

Spare Parts 2010

You could help a sad geek out who loses a chit or two.

Or you could write up a session report for a 10-player game!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam O'Brien
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Even Cleverer Overtext
badge
Every time someone activates this overtext, it takes a year off my life. Hover often please!
mbmbmbmbmb
Added to Spare Parts geeklist. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Now if only I was smart enough to imbed an image of the sheets in my list post. teh internets are hard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duffy
United States
Phoenixville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Mr Worf.....Fire!
mbmbmbmbmb
3dicebombers wrote:
Added to Spare Parts geeklist. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Now if only I was smart enough to imbed an image of the sheets in my list post. teh internets are hard.

Sweet, thanks Adam!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Silva
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmb
tdbs wrote:
how lucky of you

i'll tell you if i had any mispacking when i get home and rip off the plastic from the copy i got today

No mispackaging here, all fine
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark M
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, I'm more intrigued by the "ground shipping" from the UK.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam O'Brien
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Even Cleverer Overtext
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
manymoodys wrote:
Honestly, I'm more intrigued by the "ground shipping" from the UK.

Based on the length of time it took, I can only assume that they loaded it onto some kind of wooden sailing ship (caravel maybe?) guided by an astrolabe and crewed by some salty dogs. How long did it take the Mayflower to get here?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Thomasson
United Kingdom
Near Tring
flag msg tools
badge
Good boy, Braetach!
mbmbmbmbmb
3dicebombers wrote:
Based on the length of time it took, I can only assume that they loaded it onto some kind of wooden sailing ship (caravel maybe?) guided by an astrolabe and crewed by some salty dogs. How long did it take the Mayflower to get here?

The options when shipping a game from the UK to the USA are airmail or surface mail - which means by sea. It may not be a wooden ship any more, but the high seas are the route. They don't give you any details of exactly how it will travel, and you do have to wonder whether they wait for containers to fill before they send it on its way, which puts you at the mercy of how many other people are shipping the same way. The commercial container ships probably call in at a couple of Irish ports before finally setting off across the Atlantic.

The estimated time given for a surface delivery to the USA is 28-30 days, so the five weeks this one took actually hit the estimate. They don't always manage it. They sometimes manage to make a mistake and put it on a plane instead, but that is rare.

I once sent three separate parcels to Singapore, which as an estimated delivery time of 35-40 days. One of them arrived in 5 days, the second in the estimated time, and third took 3 months!

It costs about half what an airmail package would cost, and when you're paying for a game, the additional shipping costs can make the surface option more attractive. Some shops seem to default to surface shipping for international orders without telling the customer how long it should take.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to be a high seas board game pirate!

Ahoy matey, hand over all your copies of Puerto Rico and Power Grid or I'll make ye walk the plank!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.