Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
57 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Cutting spending is for the little people rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Snowball
Belgium
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
Gender: pot*ato. My opinion is an opinion.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You sound just like if you disliked Obama or something.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
Avatar
mb
I'll bet Boehner get's the tax payer to fund his orange glow... somehow... (busines expense?). zombie

BOTH sides are guity as sin in this reguard. angry Righties love to lecture about fiscal responsibility! laugh When was the last time either side put their money where their mouths are....?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Taylor
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Verne Troyer and Tony Cox agree.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
msg tools
badge
bjlillo wrote:
I can barely fathom the amount of alcohol I would have to drink to go on a trip with Nancy Pelosi. I'd be happy to spend my tax money alleviating the pain these poor souls must be going through.


After drinking THAT MUCH BOOZE, think how much you'd have to drink after you woke up next to her. Hopefully the health care plan will pass in time for you to get your new liver.

Also:

Quote:
Purchases for the CODEL included: Johnny Walker Red scotch, Grey Goose vodka, E&J brandy, Bailey’s Irish Crème, Maker’s Mark whiskey, Courvoisier cognac, Bacardi Light rum, Jim Beam whiskey, Beefeater gin, Dewars scotch, Bombay Sapphire gin, Jack Daniels whiskey, Corona beer and several bottles of wine.


She has kind of crappy taste in booze. Johnny Walker RED? Come on, Pelosi, if someone else is buying it, at least go for the Black label. And Corona is just totally inexcusable. This is what happens when the GOP talking point about "elites" takes effect. We get governed by boors instead. Give me elites any day.
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
Avatar
mb
Drew1365 wrote:
DCAnderson wrote:
Or is this thread not really about Pelosi at all?


This thread is about how the governing class wants to keep us all just scraping by while they live like royalty. Do keep up.


Kinda like the rich guy in the better neighborhood. BuuuT since they aren't part of the government it's OK to underpay employees or send their jobs overseas. Heaven forbid they give up the second vacation home to pay them enough $ so they could afford daycare (without government help).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I wish I could leave my bones and my skin and float over the tired, tired sea, so that I could see you again
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Spoon!
badge
Well, once again we find that clowning and anarchy don't mix.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be a lot more disgusted with her if I thought her behavior was in any way unusual.
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
It is the epitome of hypocrisy for the President to go out and lecture Americans to cut their personal spending, in the same week he reveals a nearly $4-trillion budget.

Actually no the two go together.

Look, I'm no fan of Obama but I think he's trying to say that both the gov't and citizens have huge debts and are financially struggling. I dislike how Obama is doing much of what he does but he seems actually to be trying to deal with the tough issues. I just don't think he's doing a good job. He gets points for effort though-- just not execution.

EDIT: typos of course
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mb
rcbevco wrote:
Kinda like the in international comparison rich guy in the better neighborhood (USA). BuuuT since they aren't part of the government were born in the right country it's OK to underpay employeesIndians orby not allowing anyone to send their jobs overseas. Heaven forbid they give up the second vacation homeexcessive consumption to pay them enough $ so they could afford daycarefood (without government help).

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
President Obama in New Hampshire wrote:
When times are tough, you tighten your belts. You don’t go buying a boat when you can barely pay your mortgage. You don’t blow a bunch of cash in Vegas when you’re trying to save for college. You can't get corporate jets. You can't go take that trip to Las Vegas or go down to the Super Bowl on the taxpayers' dime.


Setting the stuff about the Speaker aside, I just love how Obama relates to the common person here.

Buying a boat! Blowing a bunch of cash in Vegas! Corporate jets! A trip to the super bowl!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Barry Hussein Obamamama wrote:
When times are tough, you tighten your belts. You don’t go buying a boat when you can barely pay your mortgage. You don’t blow a bunch of cash in Vegas when you’re trying to save for college. You can't get corporate jets. You can't go take that trip to Las Vegas or go down to the Super Bowl on the taxpayers' dime.


Sez who?

What an arrogant fuck. I'll do exactly as I please and for the life of me I can't figure out what makes you think you have the right to tell me what I ought to do with my money.

Well, except for the fact that I don't have any money.

But if I did, the last person I'd take advice from is Barry O. If I wanted to buy a boat I'd buy a fucking boat no matter what the economy was like. Same for mortgages and buying steak rather than chicken. This guy seems to think his job as president is to lecture the incompetent boobs who aren't president on what they have to forgo in their lives while the anointed ones like him and his cronies carry on like it's a party.

No wonder this dipshit's poll numbers are dropping. He's a fuckwit.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If

Barack Obama also wrote:
It's a bad idea to drink from a container marked "poison." You don't do that. Everybody knows that.


then

Da Tripp wrote:
Sez who? What an arrogant fuck. I'll drink poison if and when I feel like it. I'm not going to take advice on my poison-drinking from no Democrats, nossir.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
mightygodking wrote:
If

Barack Obama also wrote:
It's a bad idea to drink from a container marked "poison." You don't do that. Everybody knows that.


then

Da Tripp wrote:
Sez who? What an arrogant fuck. I'll drink poison if and when I feel like it. I'm not going to take advice on my poison-drinking from no Democrats, nossir.


You provide a terrific example of how incredibly dense people like Obama are. In true Clintonian fashion he actually believes that when he "realizes" something that others haven't already realized it. So, off he goes flapping his yap across the country in a moronic and insulting fashion... convinced that he, and he alone, has seen what it is that "others" are doing wrong.

The fact is, the things this chowder-head is saying are things people like me knew by the time we reached 5th grade. No college degree needed. No community organizer required. As the mayor of Vegas so succinctly put it - this guy is a slow learner. And what makes it so cringe-worthy is that when he finally does learn something he honestly believes that he learned it before we did.

Stay in school Chris... it's not a pretty place outside those hallowed halls of "education". Just leave the important stuff to those of us who know how to do shit.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hypocrisy aside, I think it is something that a majority of Americans actually do need to be told, condescendingly or not. Problem is most of them weren't listening to the speech; they were busy playing their new $60 Xbox360 game that they were able to charge to their credit card because it was still like 100 bucks under its max--which left just enough room on there for some Taco Bell, a 12-pack of beer, and some smokes.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
BoB3K wrote:
Hypocrisy aside, I think it is something that a majority of Americans actually do need to be told, condescendingly or not. Problem is most of them weren't listening to the speech; they were busy playing their new $60 Xbox360 game that they were able to charge to their credit card because it was still like 100 bucks under its max--which left just enough room on there for some Taco Bell, a 12-pack of beer, and some smokes.


You're wrong.

The "majority" of Americans aren't deep in debt. The majority aren't behind on their mortgages or car payments. The majority have jobs and kids and lives. The majority of Americans can read, write and make informed decisions without the help of some arrogant fuckwit in DC running around the country spending trillions of dollars that the majority of Americans don't have all while lecturing them about how stupid they are.

The problem with people like Obama and the minority of Americans like him is that they think they're smart and everyone else is stupid. We'll see... we'll see.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Except Obama says don't drink the poison while he's guzzling down cases of the stuff.


Obama is immune to poison unless it's laced with kryptonite.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DCAnderson wrote:
So I take it that asking you guys to consider a quote in context is a lost cause, as proving Obama hates America is a much higher priority than legitimate criticism of stuff that he has actually done.


Dan, quit taunting them and just give them the context.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
While I think that the context of Obama's statement is ridiculous, especially after the releasing of his budget, Nevadans are full of shit to be so pissed about this. Vegas is marketed as a sinful, extravagant place -- hell, the slogan is "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" -- it is a luxury and the analogy is apt, if only the government actions were reflected it would have had some more "punch".

However, for double hypocrisy, I was hoping he would have said something like "When the economy is in the straits, families can't be taking Christmas vacation in Hawaii" -- that would have at least failed on both the government hypocrisy meter and the personal hypocrisy meter.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

http://ohmygov.com/blogs/general_news/archive/2009/03/15/pel...

Quote:
Shortly after taking office in 2007, Pelosi was criticized for a request to use a larger plane than her predecessor, Dennis Hastert, had used to fly back and forth from his home district in Illinois.

However, it was House Sergeant at Arms Bill Livingood, of his own accord, who asked the Pentagon if the new Speaker could use a larger plane that would be capable of flying all the way from Washington, DC to her home district in California without a stop for refueling.

they ignore the fact that Pelosi averaged just one round-trip home per month while Hastert travelled home almost every weekend on military aircraft.

The documents obtained by Judicial Watch show that all of Pelosi’s domestic trips were on smaller executive aircraft and not on an Air Force C-40, the equivalent of a Boeing 737, which she has frequently been accused of doing by critics. While she did use larger planes for trips by congressional delegations abroad, this has long been standard practice.

....an internal DoD email complaining about the explicit and hidden costs of these cancellations, On this point, Judicial Watch does have some standing. It appears, however, that Pelosi learned from the early criticism and has only cancelled a trip on the last minute in recent months one time



and Time

http://swampland.blogs.time.com/2009/03/12/air-pelosi-uh-not...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
It is the epitome of hypocrisy for the President to go out and lecture Americans to cut their personal spending, in the same week he reveals a nearly $4-trillion budget.


Completely disconnected!

The consequences of a person going in debt are much more apparent than the consequences of the government going into debt. Hell, the government has been in debt for the entirety of my life time.

And the president only said to cut personal spending if you can't afford it. If you can afford it, then spend to your hearts content! That, afterall, is good for the economy.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
You're wrong. The "majority" of Americans aren't deep in debt.

OH YEAH, Well you're a fuckin Fuck FUCKER!!! ...oh, wait. I've got an idea. I'll go look it up.

...looking...

Yeah it looks like you're right. The majority of Americans aren't in debt, and many who are, are just a bit in debt.

(from http://www.bcsalliance.com/debt_amerstats.html)

Fact 1: Most Americans (55%) owe nothing to credit card companies.
Fact 2: Only 1 out of 20 Americans carries too much credit card debt.
Fact 3: About 25% of Americans do not have a single credit card at all.
Fact 4: About 56% of those who use credit cards pay the balances in full each month and this percentage is expected to increase dramatically over the coming years as people become smarter about carrying credit card debt.
Fact 5: Only 6% of the Americans who do use credit cards are carrying too much credit card debt, but only about 1% of these debtors have credit card balances over $20,000.


(from http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/Banking/creditcardsmarts...)

* In reality, most Americans owe nothing to credit card companies.
* Most households that carry balances owe $2,000 or less.
* Only about 1 in 20 American households owes $8,000 or more on credit cards.


[both articles take stats from Federal Reserve Board 2001 survey. I found new survey results from 2007, and they are about the same, maybe a little higher.]


EDIT: These are just credit card debt. The numbers may change if you started looking at total debt including houses and cars and such.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:


That was rather early into his Presidency and we were already seeing signs.



I'm pretty middle of the road, but it wasn't more than a month into him being in office that Republicans were touting "END SOCIALISM NOW" and "I MISS BUSH" bumper stickers. Seems like any reason is a good reason to complain about Obama when your that far over.

What about the supreme court voting to let businesses spend as much money as possible to support candidates? Can we freak out about something that really IS scary instead of picking about heating bills and the like?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
stagger lee wrote:
"I MISS BUSH"

I've never seen this sticker nor heard these words strung together.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
BoB3K wrote:
DWTripp wrote:
You're wrong. The "majority" of Americans aren't deep in debt.

OH YEAH, Well you're a fuckin Fuck FUCKER!!!



That part you got right. You're 1 for 2.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
stagger lee wrote:
What about the supreme court voting to let businesses spend as much money as possible to support candidates? Can we freak out about something that really IS scary instead of picking about heating bills and the like?


That's not scary at all.



When elections come along and we've got Pepsi cans and cigarette labels with politian's faces on them, and religious organizations pumping billions into non-stop tv ads... not to mention those of us who work for a potential big spender... it's going to push people away faster than send them to the polls.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jarredscott78 wrote:
stagger lee wrote:
"I MISS BUSH"

I've never seen this sticker nor heard these words strung together.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/jedimasterjeff/4310438674/

This was on a major hiway in MN... which is ironically one of the most liberal and secular states in the nation.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.