Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Edgar
United States
Pace
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just got a copy of Memoir '44 and I am not sure if what I am running into with the board is a normal occurance, or an issue. When I open up the board it does not lie quite flat, but it kinda warped/bent at where the creases are. This might be because they creases are pretty tight right now. I've tried slightly over bending at the creases to try to correct it, but it doesn't seem to be doing the trick. The board still does not lie flat, and is bent up at the creases. Is this the way the board normally comes and then it just flattens out over time, or was I given a "bad board"? If this is how it normally is, what's the best way to flatten out the board?

Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Graf
Germany
Koblenz
flag msg tools
designer
Help me! I got addicted to MtG again!
badge
Help me! I got addicted to MtG again!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's normal, cause it describes my board (in the beginning) very well.

The solution: play and play and play and play and play...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Rasmussen
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I took a set of really heavy books and stacked them on the board for a few days when I wasn't playing. After a little while the creases flattened out! cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Arnold
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rasmussen81 wrote:
I took a set of really heavy books and stacked them on the board for a few days when I wasn't playing.

Wait...what?

What the hell are you doing not playing?!?!?! Git to it! /whipcrack!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got 2 base set boards and a desert/winter board and none of them are warped at all after a couple of years.

Plus I always put a sheet of perspex over the top of the terrain tiles to stop them moving around, and this gives a nice playing surface.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Rasmussen
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wired_Wolf wrote:
rasmussen81 wrote:
I took a set of really heavy books and stacked them on the board for a few days when I wasn't playing.

Wait...what?

Not to worry, I have 8 sets of the game so I was able to flatten a board or two while I played on a different one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stig Morten
Norway
Kvernaland
flag msg tools
Thunder Alley: Crew Chief Expansion - Coming soon to Kickstarter!
badge
Evil lurks here!
mbmbmbmbmb
rasmussen81 wrote:
Wired_Wolf wrote:
rasmussen81 wrote:

Wait...what?

Not to worry, I have 8 sets of the game so I was able to flatten a board or two while I played on a different one.

If I didn't know why you have 8 sets, I would have asked: What do you need 8 sets for?

Do you set up 8 scenarios from a camapign at a time and just move along as you play through them?

Stig Morten

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Holder
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A counter opinion: I don't recall either my regular board or desert board being warped at all. Then again for the regular board, in the first 4 weeks, we played 50 rounds so I may just not have noticed it. The desert board has only seen about 4-5 plays tho, and it has always laid flat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Rasmussen
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ad79 wrote:

If I didn't know why you have 8 sets, I would have asked: What do you need 8 sets for?

Do you set up 8 scenarios from a camapign at a time and just move along as you play through them?

Stig Morten

That's a great idea!!! Right now 6 of the sets are at school so I only have 2 at home...but this summer when all of them are at home I should set each one up with a different battle and then just rotate through them. We could get a whole campaign finished in one evening if we didn't have to worry about the setup time! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stig Morten
Norway
Kvernaland
flag msg tools
Thunder Alley: Crew Chief Expansion - Coming soon to Kickstarter!
badge
Evil lurks here!
mbmbmbmbmb
rasmussen81 wrote:
ad79 wrote:

Stig Morten

That's a great idea!!! Right now 6 of the sets are at school so I only have 2 at home...but this summer when all of them are at home I should set each one up with a different battle and then just rotate through them. We could get a whole campaign finished in one evening if we didn't have to worry about the setup time! laugh

Three exclamation marks. I'm honored.

I guess you can get a few thumbs for the image of that campaign setup.

Stig Morten
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Bysouth
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After replying to a few questions about problems with Memoir dice wearing quickly (which I experienced) I feel honour bound to point out something good - none of my Memoir boards (3) have ever suffered from warping or needed treatment for such (although I did manage to tear one along a fold by picking it up at the weakest point). Doh!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No issue with my boards either... 2 base, 2 desert/winter... However my paper maps certainly keep their folds.

Might have to invest in some plastic sheets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Sieradzki
Poland
Opole
flag msg tools
badge
We don't stop playing when we get old, but we get old when we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Zeratul141 wrote:
I just got a copy of Memoir '44 and I am not sure if what I am running into with the board is a normal occurance, or an issue. When I open up the board it does not lie quite flat, but it kinda warped/bent at where the creases are. This might be because they creases are pretty tight right now. I've tried slightly over bending at the creases to try to correct it, but it doesn't seem to be doing the trick. The board still does not lie flat, and is bent up at the creases. Is this the way the board normally comes and then it just flattens out over time, or was I given a "bad board"? If this is how it normally is, what's the best way to flatten out the board?

Jeff

The boards are faulty, I'm affraid. I got two sets, the tiles differ slightly in colour shades, but the boards are simply flat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Rasmussen
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nightbomber wrote:
Zeratul141 wrote:

Jeff

The boards are faulty, I'm affraid. I got two sets, the tiles differ slightly in colour shades, but the boards are simply flat.

Not faulty. They flatten out nicely and there is nothing wrong with them. If you were to ask for a replacement, I don't think you would be given one because the only "fault" with them is that they are so new they still want to be folded up.

Of the 8 sets I got, about half of them were reluctant to lay flat but now they're fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Edgar
United States
Pace
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the responses/suggestions. I went ahead and let the board set out for a while and set a few heavy books on it and everything seems to be well flattened. I'm really enjoying the game so far and plan on slowly picking up the expansions for it as funding allows :-p.

Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.