Popular Tags: [View All]
james napoli
United States
Westwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At the start of the game and the start of every turn, the defender get's hourglasses and a 1 wall spend.

When does the defender spend these? Is it before the invader takes action 1?

Also, while somewhat of an open question in another thread, are destroyed walls out of the game, or do they come back to supply? i'm really of the mindset that they should be OUT of the game. i've yet to have an invader even come close to winning(although only a few plays), and i think would think that infinite walls is not going to improve their chances.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Simon
United States
Ashley
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Defender spends the 2 hourglasses and places the one wall after the Invader goes in Phase One (so they may have 3 hourglasses if the Invader got wood). It is listed on page 12 of the English rulebook:

Quote:
At the start of every turn, the Defender receives 1 Stone wall Component and 2 hourglasses to use after Phase 1 - Invader's Supplies.

And destroyed wall sections go back into the Defender's supply and can be reused later.

Infinite wall resources isn't too bad. They can only place one per turn and already would have 5 turns of extra walls to place even without reusing the destroyed wall sections.

Invader wins have a larger learning curve attached to them. Try starting your assaults earlier to have a better chance. I've started to flip my Phase 1 card as the Invader at the start of Turn 4 to force myself out of the habit of spending too much time building and preparing before attacking. It helped me a lot as far as getting into a better rhythm of when to make my assaults.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.