Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Quintal
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Starting to get fired up for Unity Games 16 this weekend - are any other BGGers going and if so, what games are y'all bringing?

I'll be bringing a few custom made boards for the recently released game Summoner Wars and am willing to teach/play if anyone has interest. Check out the image posted of the boards here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/658592/summoner-wars

Also looking forward to trying out Dungeon Lords & Thunderstone if anyone has those there. Should be a crazy day of gaming!

- dev

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be bringing Liberte. Not sure what else. Looking forward to Stronghold.

I might check out a game of SW, but I'm not sure it's my thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Christopher
United States
Salem
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
In the wonderful game, Bonaparte at Marengo, this is how to get nasty Frenchies out of a village.
mbmbmbmbmb
I really loathe my current work schedule that has me working Saturday afternoons and evenings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Quintal
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Nice Jim - heard a lot of good things about Liberte. Is that out of print now? May be a game I could get into...is it a very long game? Feel free to say hello if you see me at the tables with the foam mats!

Take care,
dev

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Quintal
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Sounds like you're developing a slight whooping cough to me, Mark...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Alberg
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Whoopee Doopee, we have fun!
badge
You lost the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be there! You can find me in the Teaching Area in the morning.

You should consider joining the Unity Games Guild, where this discussion would probably generate more responses.

I am bringing:

Aladdin's Dragons
Hansa Teutonica
Keythedral
Reef Encounter
The BoardGameGeek Game
Tobago (which I'll be teaching at 9:30am)
Wampanoag
Zirkus Flohcati

See you Saturday!

meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Devonelle wrote:
Nice Jim - heard a lot of good things about Liberte. Is that out of print now? May be a game I could get into...is it a very long game?

I think it is OOP. Valley Games is supposedly reprinting it at some point.

Last year we started a game at 10pm and finished just as they were throwing us out at midnight. That was all people who had played before. It's not a complex game to play, but there is some subtlety that you won't get the first time. I would plan for 3 hours with new players, just to be safe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spielfreak wrote:

Forgot about this one. I had no interest after reading the rules, but there's a lot of feedback that tells me I better check it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Forbes

New Hampshire
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there. If you see a group playing Die Macher, I'll probably be one of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pakpreo
United States
Cambridge
MA - Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I of course will be there. Do you want to be on my list of people I smack with a rolled up newspaper? I've got 4 people so far!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asher D.
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ekted wrote:
Devonelle wrote:
Nice Jim - heard a lot of good things about Liberte. Is that out of print now? May be a game I could get into...is it a very long game?

I think it is OOP. Valley Games is supposedly reprinting it at some point.

Last year we started a game at 10pm and finished just as they were throwing us out at midnight. That was all people who had played before. It's not a complex game to play, but there is some subtlety that you won't get the first time. I would plan for 3 hours with new players, just to be safe.

I remember that game, great time was had by all.

I'll be there this year, looking forward to try Hansa Teutonica. If anyone will have shipyard, it's also on my list. I'll probably haul my Dungeon Lords, and a few other games in the crate.

Already scheduled to play Die Macher
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Scientist Philip von Doomula
United States
Orono
ME
flag msg tools
"I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar."
badge
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are wooden cubes from boardgaming. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm coming. This will be my first UG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rappak wrote:
I of course will be there. Do you want to be on my list of people I smack with a rolled up newspaper? I've got 4 people so far!

Dang!!!!! I need a teleportation device/thingy!!!!!!!! AARGH!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Quintal
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Is this some sort of initiation hazing for us at UG, Richard?

Is this just one brief smack of the rolled up newspaper per person, or repeated bashings throughout the entire event?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pakpreo
United States
Cambridge
MA - Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm... Hey Philip, would you be interested in a game of Goa or Tichu?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pakpreo
United States
Cambridge
MA - Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For me to know and possibly you to find out! MUAHAHAHAHA! sauron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Preston Fuller
United States
Ashland
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am 50/50 on going but I hope to make it. I have no games planned but I would be up for some Conflict of Heroes if anyone is playing that. Phil, If I make it I may do the Tobago learning table as I have not played that yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a first-timer who will be there. I'm not certain about bringing anything. Is there anything in my "games owned" people would like me to bring?

P.S. What is parking like there? If I bring a bunch of games, can I leave them in my car and walk out to get them if needed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Bates

Seattle
Washington
msg tools
I am! Very excited. Anybody want to offer some tips for us first-timers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
soonertbone wrote:
I am! Very excited. Anybody want to offer some tips for us first-timers?

I'd say start in the learning area and get your feet wet. Then get to the jump start area and latch on to a game you like and get a game going or join up with someone else. It's a loose, fun crowd willing to teach.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
You could be playing.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in. I don't know what I'll be bringing but I can do requests if people see stuff on my owned list they like. I don't have anything new.
I have a big fat list of stuff to play and will be looking to get into mostly new stuff.

I am totally into that 9:30 toabgo game!
(unless its already full that is...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Alberg
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
You lost the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
broggi wrote:
I'm a first-timer who will be there. I'm not certain about bringing anything. Is there anything in my "games owned" people would like me to bring?

P.S. What is parking like there? If I bring a bunch of games, can I leave them in my car and walk out to get them if needed?

My advice is to bring a handful of games that you are enthusiastic about and would love to play. Most everyone brings games to share at this event. You are free to play any game that you can see, with the provision that you return it intact to the place from which you grabbed it.

The ballroom will be configured with hotel half-tables (about 2-feet wide) set along the outer walls. These will be used for game storage, with the idea being that people pile their games in as tight a space as possible. There will be identification tags spaced out along the walls. Wherever you place your pile of games, fill out an identification tag, which will help ensure that your games make it back to the right spot. Oh, and be sure to also identify your games (I place a business-card with vital info into each of my games).

There is plenty of parking at the hotel, but do not park in the parking garage, as this is for hotel guests, and has internal access only via a room key. You can leave games in your car for later retrieval if you wish, but personally I'm a lazy s.o.b. and like to have the games I bring readily available in the ballroom.

See you Saturday!

meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Alberg
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
You lost the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
Karmic_devil wrote:
I'm in. I don't know what I'll be bringing but I can do requests if people see stuff on my owned list they like. I don't have anything new.
I have a big fat list of stuff to play and will be looking to get into mostly new stuff.

I am totally into that 9:30 toabgo game!
(unless its already full that is...)

The Teaching Area is run on a first come, first served basis. I will try to secure a second copy of Tobago, and since it's a quick game I'm sure that I'll be able to accommodate multiple sessions within the 2-hour timeslot.

See you Saturday!

meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Lacer
United States
Cobalt
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be another first timer at UG

I'm probably bringing along:
Blink
Escalation!
Eurorails
Gheos
Tempus
Vinci
Ys
Rum & Pirates
The Pillars of the Earth + expansion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Finberg
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm hoping to make it around 2-3. I'll probably bring Titan and RftG and a Tichu deck, though I doubt I'll have much luck on the Titan front.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.