Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Lock
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My Mom (who had trouble playing Bohnanza) played this game for the first time and she got right into it. It was the family version mind you. She ended up beating my brother who had played it a few times before. I was impressed with how intuitive the game actually is, considering it's weight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
mlock wrote:
My Mom (who had trouble playing Bohnanza) played this game for the first time and she got right into it. It was the family version mind you. She ended up beating my brother who had played it a few times before. I was impressed with how intuitive the game actually is, considering it's weight.

True, but the family version (in my experience) runs out of gas pretty quick, and the standard game is a whole 'nother kettle of fish, because suddenly you have two more options and 7 sub-options for each of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
mlock wrote:

It is intuitive and easy to get into, it's just the rules make it appear harder than it is I think. My 9 year old loves it and we sometimes play with the cards. The cards do give a lot more variety and tactical choices but the mechanics are still simple.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.