Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
20 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Vegas vs. Obama rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Taylor
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's true, man, I blew my college fund on Katy Perry.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasper
Netherlands
Leiden
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthXaos wrote:
I'm not Obama's biggest fan. But seriously, criticising him for recommending that people not blow their college fund in Vegas? Come on now.


A nuanced opinion? Somebody must have hacked his account!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthXaos wrote:
I'm not Obama's biggest fan. But seriously, criticising him for recommending that people not blow their college fund in Vegas? Come on now.

A reasonably thoughtful post. Darth, I'm shocked-- but in a good way.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That is hardly DX's first nuanced, or reasonable, post. You guys have been giving this fellow grief for far too long now.
13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
That is hardly DX's first nuanced, or reasonable, post. You guys have been giving this fellow grief for far too long now.


I didn't say it was. but it was the first I'd noticed. I'm glad. Darth started off trolling in every thread. This Darth is much more interesting.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
That is hardly DX's first nuanced, or reasonable, post. You guys have been giving this fellow grief for far too long now.


I think you mean not long enough. What's happened to you, Cranky?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Destiny's got her hand way, way up in their puppets! It's an unpleasant tingling! The deepest of wriggles!
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Spoon!
badge
Well, once again we find that clowning and anarchy don't mix.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
That is hardly DX's first nuanced, or reasonable, post. You guys have been giving this fellow grief for far too long now.


So Darth is your sock puppet!? Mystery solved at last!
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My sock puppet is ValeYuman, and it got deleted. I can't remember if I did it or had it done for me.... Actually I maintain a special GeekQuestion sock puppet, as well, created to take over when I tried to delete my MisterCranky account in an effort to bamboozle those spammers at the Democratic Governors Association.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As a second generation, native Las Vegan, I am ashamed of the thin-skinned nature of current Las Vegans.

40 years ago we'd have had him killed or embroiled in a career-ending scandal. The desert needs its dead.
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Nomad
Netherlands
Den Bosch
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JDTAY wrote:
It's true, man, I blew my college fund on Katy Perry.

Me, too.

But it wasn't my college fund.
6 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's pretend that Obama is my next door neighbor, Joe. I'm talking to Joe about money & such and that my wife & I may take a trip to Vegas. Joe says that I should be careful to not blow my kids college fund at the blackjack table because I have had some financial problems in the past & I don't want to be stupid.

Now realize that Joe makes about $32,000 a year, his house payment is $1500 a month, he just bought three new cars (with three new loans), a huge plasma tv (on credit), just took a vacation to Europe (on credit), bought a new bass boat (on credit), and just yesterday told me that he found a way to pay all his bills: roll them onto new credit cards and then pay those off with a debt consolidation loan via a 2nd & 3rd mortgage on his home.

I'm not mad that Joe (Obama) tells me not to go to Vegas, I'm mad that Joe (Obama) is handing out advice that he himself would never follow and is acting like a foolish person (or as his cousin Billy (Rahm) says "A F'in' retard.")
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually agree with Hitler Cat! Obama didn't tell folks not to go to Vegas.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
Avatar
okiedokie wrote:
I actually agree with Hitler Cat! Obama didn't tell folks not to go to Vegas.

Well that just makes Obama worse.
He shudda told folks not to go to Vegas.
Support your local gambling king-pins - its the new green way.
Think global, act local.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasper
Netherlands
Leiden
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
okiedokie wrote:
Now realize that Joe makes about $32,000 a year, his house payment is $1500 a month, he just bought three new cars (with three new loans), a huge plasma tv (on credit), just took a vacation to Europe (on credit), bought a new bass boat (on credit)


Also, he keeps a massive arsenal of semi-automatic and automatic assault rifles, sniper rifles and rocket propelled grenades. All the latest stuff fresh from the rack. His ongoing patronage of two separate shooting ranges is also costing him fortunes on ammo. All on credit of course.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doing a bit of reading up on this latest fauxtroversy, I found out an important fact: The mayor of Las Vegas is AWESOME.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscar_Goodman#4th_grade_gin

Quote:
On March 3, 2005, Goodman was speaking before a group of fourth-graders at Jo Mackey Elementary School. When asked what he would bring if marooned on a desert island, the mayor replied "a showgirl and a bottle of Bombay Sapphire Gin." Further, when asked about his hobbies, the mayor named drinking Bombay Sapphire Gin as a favorite. Later, when asked to comment, Goodman was unapologetic: "I'm the George Washington of mayors. I can't tell a lie. If they didn't want the answer, the kid shouldn't have asked the question."
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dysjunct wrote:
Doing a bit of reading up on this latest fauxtroversy, I found out an important fact: The mayor of Las Vegas is AWESOME.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscar_Goodman#4th_grade_gin

Quote:
On March 3, 2005, Goodman was speaking before a group of fourth-graders at Jo Mackey Elementary School. When asked what he would bring if marooned on a desert island, the mayor replied "a showgirl and a bottle of Bombay Sapphire Gin." Further, when asked about his hobbies, the mayor named drinking Bombay Sapphire Gin as a favorite. Later, when asked to comment, Goodman was unapologetic: "I'm the George Washington of mayors. I can't tell a lie. If they didn't want the answer, the kid shouldn't have asked the question."



Hmm, one wonders how much he got paid for that endorsement. Assuming when you say Bombay Sapphire Gin, you're refering to a specific brand. I'm not knowledgeable on such things so I could be wrong.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
serdudds wrote:
dysjunct wrote:
Doing a bit of reading up on this latest fauxtroversy, I found out an important fact: The mayor of Las Vegas is AWESOME.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscar_Goodman#4th_grade_gin

Quote:
On March 3, 2005, Goodman was speaking before a group of fourth-graders at Jo Mackey Elementary School. When asked what he would bring if marooned on a desert island, the mayor replied "a showgirl and a bottle of Bombay Sapphire Gin." Further, when asked about his hobbies, the mayor named drinking Bombay Sapphire Gin as a favorite. Later, when asked to comment, Goodman was unapologetic: "I'm the George Washington of mayors. I can't tell a lie. If they didn't want the answer, the kid shouldn't have asked the question."



Hmm, one wonders how much he got paid for that endorsement. Assuming when you say Bombay Sapphire Gin, you're refering to a specific brand. I'm not knowledgeable on such things so I could be wrong.


$100,000, which he donated to charity.

Wikipedia wrote:
In 2002, he became a spokesman for Bombay Sapphire Gin, receiving a $100,000 salary which was donated to charity, including $50,000 donated to The Meadows School, a private school in Las Vegas founded by his wife Carolyn.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Vegas vs. Obama?

What kind of odds will I be getting?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.