Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Bishop
United Kingdom
Lytham St. Annes
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just (another) quick clarification, lets see if you guys can beat ten minutes this time.

cool

For some reason whan I first read the rules I assumed an out of supply general could not move, when in fact the only thing an OOS general cannot do is conquer a fortress. I can find no other ill effects (apart from troop loss) is this correct.

The example under bullet 5 of rule 9 may have mislead me but I would assume (not having played yet) that the first move of one of those OOS generals would be to squash the enemy supply train and remove it from the map. Not a good use of a supply train in this case to block supply?

Cheers,
Bish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brigitte Haas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In addition to the inability to conquer, the face-down general loses 1 troop on the first turn, 2 troops thereafter if he is still face down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bishop
United Kingdom
Lytham St. Annes
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
8 Minutes, well done

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard sivel
Germany
berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mb
the answer is correct.

And, yes, in the example of the rulebook, the general would be flipped face-down, and then he can eliminate the blocking enemy supply train. Note, however, that he will stay face-down until the start of his next action stage (i.e. until his next supply check).

The example was chosen to emphasize that supply trains can block supply paths.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.