Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IF Aragorn is in battle with 1 regular, 1 elite. Would the FP use 3 dice? OR 5? Aragorn's level is 3, so would he use how many dice for Re-roll? IS Aragorn NOW just considered a "Leader" while in battle? Any advantages using a Companion in a battle?

Anyone know if/where this is in the rules? I couldn't find it. Let me know if it is in the rule book as I like to be able to find it again if needed.

Thanks!!

Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Warrender
United States
Rockaway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3 dice.

Aragorn's level doesn't matter for calculating dice or leadership. It's his "leadership rating" below his level that determines how many dice can be re-rolled (2 leadership). And it's the special ability on Aragorn's card that allows him to provide combat strength (+1 combat strength).

Check out the "combat strength and leadership" section of the rules on page 13.

Having a companion in battle typically will give you both a combat strength boost as well as leadership. Also, some combat cards specifically say "if a companion is in the battle". However, if you lose the battle, you lose the companion, so it's a tough one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick response. I haven't played a whole game yet, only some solo learning/playing. I had put him in with a small army group, but then I became quickly confused...laugh Then, I forgot to look at his card as well to see if he had any bonus's on his card. surprise

OK, so then Aragorn would become a "leader" worth "2" while attached to an army.

Yes, I do remember reading about using them during a battle, and if they are attached to an army... and how dangerous that can be.

Thanks for the reference in the rule book too! Makes more sense now.

Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Tait
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
We had an epic clash last night in Pelargir between Boromir and Pippin (or was it Merry?) with two regulars and the Witch King and a bunch of other Nazgul with three orcs. The Shadow only rolled one hit, and the Free Peoples rolled three. That meant that the WK and four Nazgul (if I remember rightly) died. But had the Shadow got one more hit, two Companions would have died.

The sad part is that an army of Southrons hit them almost immediately afterward and they did die. . . . but the Shadow was left one die poorer and it was a great game moment!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miikka Sohlman
Finland
Lahti
flag msg tools
I live in the city of Gulf, on the shores of Lake Water. This fun fact has nothing to do with this badge you're pointing at.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amandil wrote:
...and it was a great game moment!

I can picture it. The hobbit stabs the WK from behind while Boromir declares "I am no man!" and thrusts her sword... wait...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.