Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Giddings
United States
Mount Dora
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To all you AA addicts out there (like me) who just have to have the paper IPCs. The new monopoly game coming out for their 75th anniversary will NOT have paper money. Oh what is the world coming to? Sorry monopoly AA did it first!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric V
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
I would argue no money for Monopoy is borderline sacrilege.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Larson
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
Instead of paper, what about poker chips. There is a neat BGG download for Power Grid poker chips instead of paper money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Shaw
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fishmoto37 wrote:
To all you AA addicts out there (like me) who just have to have the paper IPCs. The new monopoly game coming out for their 75th anniversary will NOT have paper money. Oh what is the world coming to? Sorry monopoly AA did it first!

What are they going to use? If it's an electric credit card thing, they may be able to get away with it. IF it's simply a thing like they did with A&A, I see a BIG backlash...and if it happens I'm going to laugh at whoever is in charge of making these fricken stupid decisions at Hasbro...and hope it's finally enough to get them fired for a LINE of stupid decisions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Giddings
United States
Mount Dora
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your right on GreyLord. Its called electronic banking. Just swipe a card and it exchanges money from your account to another account. You dont get to handle those big stacks of cash any more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric V
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
How am I going to embezzle then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Szekely
United States
Reading
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Fantastic! Now there is NO redeeming value to the game. At least with the paper money you could argue that the point of the game was to teach kids to add and subtract. Fun certainly isn't the point of that cardboard Chinese water torture! With AA I must say, that it did clean up the game, but I would have liked to see a pad of log sheets included with AA to keep it from looking janky. Then Hasbro could really clean up selling replacement packs.

Anyhoo, best of luck to you on the frontlines, keep your stick on the ice, and your powder dry, and always drink responsibly.

cheers,
jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.