Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played my first game of Terra Prime and I loved it.

Now I've got a problem with the components that's different from what I've read so far: apart from one green hex tile that's downright damaged (I'll have to contact Tasty Minstrel about that), there are only two hex tiles (both red) in the entire game whose die cut is inverted.
That is, the die pressed on the FACE of that sheet rather than on the back.

The result is that those two red tiles are essentially marked: anyone can easily spot them -- and both of them sport three alien ships. We'll all know to avoid those in future games.

Is this the case with all copies of the game? If not, do you think it's possible to get them replaced? There not damaged, but they're marked all right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
weishaupt wrote:

Now I've got a problem with the components that's different from what I've read so far: apart from one green hex tile that's downright damaged (I'll have to contact Tasty Minstrel about that), there are only two hex tiles (both red) in the entire game whose die cut is inverted.

The result is that those two red tiles are essentially marked: anyone can easily spot them -- and both of them sport three alien ships. We'll all know to avoid those in future games.

Is this the case with all copies of the game? If not, do you think it's possible to get them replaced? There not damaged, but they're marked all right.

This is unfortunate, but it's the same way in every single box of the game. The 2 red tiles which come on the punchboard with the Terra Prime outpost tile are "upside down" in all copies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
weishaupt wrote:

I am thrilled that you liked the game though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sedjtroll wrote:
weishaupt wrote:

I am thrilled that you liked the game though!

Yeah! Looking forward to playing it again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sedjtroll wrote:
weishaupt wrote:

This is unfortunate, but it's the same way in every single box of the game. The 2 red tiles which come on the punchboard with the Terra Prime outpost tile are "upside down" in all copies.

Sorry to hear that.
Do you think I could get a replacement for the one tile that has damage on its face? It's got a slight crease in the center (although on on the face -- not on the back) and it has a few marks where the cardboard was ripped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mindes
United States
Mountain Green
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
weishaupt wrote:
sedjtroll wrote:
weishaupt wrote:

Sorry to hear that.
Do you think I could get a replacement for the one tile that has damage on its face? It's got a slight crease in the center (although on on the face -- not on the back) and it has a few marks where the cardboard was ripped.

Just send me an email with a photo so I replace the correct one. Also include an address to send it to. michael@tastyminstrelgames.com

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Email sent!

Thanks a lot, Michael.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk English
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The tiles could be put in a draw bag to solve this problem. When you explore a sector just draw from the green, yellow or red bag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Summerer
United States
Hamden
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Check out my audiobooks!
badge
Will talk for food!
mbmbmbmbmb
kirkenglish wrote:
The tiles could be put in a draw bag to solve this problem. When you explore a sector just draw from the green, yellow or red bag.

How would you deal with the short or long range scanning in this case?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk English
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be a problem. Unless, you use markers like the icehouse markers for where it was scaned and have a simular marker on the scaned covered tile, set aside until placement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pamela Henley

Halifax
msg tools
I am still waiting to hear, what can be done about my water damaged Terra Prime game? Colur fadinf, pieces very hard to punch out ect.
any suggestions Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.