Sylvain Martel
Canada
Stoneham
Qc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pooling in the collective knowledge of fellow wargamers

Is there any multiplayers(3-5) CDG games in the work right now?

One of my favorite game is Successors (third edition) and I know Sword of Rome is similar and would love to get it but it's OOP, and I remember many posts saying GMT reprints are on hold until the economy picks up.(I don't have direct links, but I remember reading that last year on consimworld Sword of Rome forum and GMT forum)

As such , any hope of seeing a good multiplayer CDG this year? Preferably set in ancient or medieval time, but they are so rare, one can't be too picky..shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that Ed Beach is working on Virgin Queen, but it's not even ready for the P500 yet.

Crown of Roses might make it out this year.

Not that many multiplayer wargames out there, and even fewer that are card driven.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clark Rodeffer
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping that Angola makes it to the print queue, but I have no idea if it will or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
CDRodeffer wrote:
I'm hoping that Angola makes it to the print queue, but I have no idea if it will or not.

That would make me really happy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
The Necronomicon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnbYcB9ctu8
mbmbmbmbmb
I was rather disappointed in Sword of Rome. I never felt like I was getting anywhere with it as the stomp the leader syndrome was so prevalent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Rodriguez
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am holding out hope for Compass' The God Kings.

And I am a big fan of Sword of Rome. Stomp the leader is something that one should expect to be present in any multiplayer game (that isn't multi-solitaire), but especially in CDG's. However, I do not think that its presence here detracts from the game.

I need to play Successors!

PS - Hey Ellowen, who is BRUCE?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain Martel
Canada
Stoneham
Qc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't know about The God Kings: Warfare at the Dawn of Civilization, 1500 – 1260BC, thanks!

*took a look at the game page*
By Compass game and dev by Neil Randall.. Spartacus didn't do it for me, but will still keep an eye on this one, they can only get better, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey D Myers
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
"Always rely upon a happy mind alone." Geshe Chekhawa.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Preorder:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Tan
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are plenty of CDGs coming up soon, but all are 2-player unfortunately:

Crusade and Revolution, The Spanish Civil War 1936 (MMP)
Triumph of Fascism (Clash of Arms)
Washington's War (GMT, out very soon)
Stalin's War (GMT, out in March or April)
Labyrinth: The War on Terror (GMT, made the cut)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Owsen
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ellowen-Deeowen wrote:
I was rather disappointed in Sword of Rome. I never felt like I was getting anywhere with it as the stomp the leader syndrome was so prevalent.

Sword of Rome is one of my favorite CDG's, if not my #1 favorite. Definitely takes several plays to grow to love though and you will go through some hate period too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Tan
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mummykitty wrote:
Ellowen-Deeowen wrote:

Sword of Rome is one of my favorite CDG's, if not my #1 favorite. Definitely takes several plays to grow to love though and you will go through some hate period too.

Even if you have to be the Gallic or Etruscan/Samnite player? :p

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain Martel
Canada
Stoneham
Qc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I was suspecting, there isn't much coming up in the multiplayer CDG department. At the very least I learned about The God Kings and Virgin Queen (in the far future)

Already had my view on Crown of Roses even though it's not a CDG but a block game. When it comes out we'll see if it interest enough gamers in my surrounding, I hope so.

peacmyer wrote:
Preorder: Angola

Nah I already took a look some weeks ago at Angola and the play time is just too big, and since it's not a CDG it would be tough to get players to play this.(CDG have a way to attract some non wargammers to the table)

I already own many 2 players CDG(and got waaay too many on pre-order) and I get to play those on a semi-regular basis with a buddy of mine, but multiplayers CDG just bring something special to the table that I really like.

So, if anyone has a copy of Sword of Rome in great shape that they'd like to trade, have a look at my collection and make an offer if you see anything interesting(even on games not marked as For Trade), I'm always open to a fair trade

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Wesley
United States
Mechanicsville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Onward, Christian Soldiers - I've played it with 7, it has rules for 3 and is easily scaled to 4-5-6. It's a combination of card- and chit-driven.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Owsen
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
boing123 wrote:
mummykitty wrote:
Ellowen-Deeowen wrote:

Even if you have to be the Gallic or Etruscan/Samnite player?

Yes, I have had fun playing every side, except the Carthaginians, who I just haven't had the chance to play. Given a choice, I would PICK the Etruscans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kenel
United States
New London
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that Lincoln's War looks interesting but I doubt we will see it in 2010.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Lowry
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chiba13 wrote:
Onward, Christian Soldiers - I've played it with 7, it has rules for 3 and is easily scaled to 4-5-6. It's a combination of card- and chit-driven.

I've played it 3, 4 and 5 and it works well. The main problem I'd say is that we're too nice, and there's not enough backbiting going on within the two sides. Sadly, it does take two days to do right, and as the group has grown, guaranteeing we get the same set of people from time to time has gotten harder, or I'd have a 6-player game under my belt.

Though, even with the 1st-Crusade's draw deck, it's really just just a chit-activation mechanism with a couple of extras. It's much closer to Carthage or even A Victory Lost than, say, Pursuit of Glory.

That said, if you can manage the time investment, Onward is a good multiplayer game. And a good 2-player game. I understand that the 1st Crusade is just fine 2-player and both the 2nd and 3rd Crusade scenarios are good (2nd is a decent 'learning' scenario; 3rd is a good all-around scenario—who can resist Cœur de Lion and Saladin?).

The problem with 2010, is that it's sold out, and the next game using the system isn't even announced yet. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.