Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Hammer of the Scots» Forums » Rules

Subject: Reinforcing Selkirk, Edward and troops in England at end of year rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vicente Martí
Spain
Onda
Castellón
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I am returning to play to the game after almost one year and have doubts:

1. If Wallace don´t pass the winter in Selkirk, can he be reinforced in another place?

2. If Eduard I or Eduard II are in England at the end of year must they dissolve?

3. Must English infantry in England dissolve at the end of year?

Thank you
2 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Stephenson
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
I do not run and hide... I strategically maneuver.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: General Questions
Someone can perhaps confirm, but here is my understanding:

Numbers refer to the 3.0 rules.

1. Yes -- just like any other block. He is subject to the usual castle limits and can be built up. He can also disband. (The Exception following 7.5 indicates that the move to Selkirk is optional, and seems to imply that otherwise, he follows normal rules.)

2. and 3. Yes and Yes. (See first sentence of 7.3.)

-Darin

vmarti81 wrote:
I am returning to play to the game after almost one year and have doubts:

1. If Wallace don´t pass the winter in Selkirk, can he be reinforced in another place?

2. If Eduard I or Eduard II are in England at the end of year must they dissolve?

3. Must English infantry in England dissolve at the end of year?

Thank you
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Ramsey
Canada
North Delta
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Screws fall out all the time. The world is an imperfect place.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: General Questions
KentuckyKid wrote:
Someone can perhaps confirm, but here is my understanding:

Numbers refer to the 3.0 rules.

1. Yes -- just like any other block. He is subject to the usual castle limits and can be built up. He can also disband. (The Exception following 7.5 indicates that the move to Selkirk is optional, and seems to imply that otherwise, he follows normal rules.)

2. and 3. Yes and Yes. (See first sentence of 7.3.)

-Darin



I second the above opinions!

Mark
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vicente Martí
Spain
Onda
Castellón
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: General Questions
Other question:

That happens if the Norge block is drawn as reinforcement for a not coastal province?

Thank you
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
george seary
United States
endwell
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: General Questions
Redraw another block from the pool, then replace the Norse into the pool.

Note that this can only occur in 2 possible areas: Badenoch & Lanark.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ax Bits
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: General Questions
armadaman wrote:
Redraw another block from the pool, then replace the Norse into the pool.

Note that this can only occur in 2 possible areas: Badenoch & Lanark.


Am I mistaken in believing that this rule also applies to the French block (on account of their historical arrival by sea)?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
george seary
United States
endwell
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: General Questions
Last paragraph of rule 7.62 (3rd edition rules) confirms that if you draw either the Norse or French in Badenoch or Lanark, you draw another block instead.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.