J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I suggest changing:

Although a company's president determines which routes to use, if another stockholder points out a higher-valued route, the president must use it.

to:

Although a company's president determines which routes to use, if another player points out a higher-valued route, the president must use it.

Reason: It is ambiguous whether the indicating player must be a stockholder in the operating company and limiting the rule to only shareholders affords no improvement in gameplay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Smith
England
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The 'stockholders only' rule has some application, especially if the president is the only one and is trying some Shenanigans. It's also got historical precedent: it's present in at least a few other 18xx games.

That said, I haven't play 18io yet

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
The cases where there's value in under-reporting revenues are rare as hen's teeth. More simply, if PlayerX, who is not a shareholder in CompanyA reports a higher revenue route, must the president of CompanyA wait until one of his shareholders (admittedly perhaps himself) also points out the same route before he's forced to comply? That seems somewhere between ridiculous and gamey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Gottesman
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume you mean "use" and not "sue."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.