Popular Tags: [View All]
Evan Champie
United States
Eureka
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook is a little confusing for us on one point.

After year 1's combat is over:

Quote:
The Starting Player Token should still be with the player who started fall in the First year. Now it is time to pass it on.

In a 4-player game, the Starting Player Token should be given to the player opposite the person who started the First Year. (So it moves 3 places to the left).

So I started with game with the token, and I'm player A. It passes A>B>C>D over the first year.

The wording is a little obtuse. We assumed that sitting on 4 edges of a table, player C should get the token at the start of year 2. Is this correct? What was the design goal here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J McWeasely
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
This is the first game I've seen that needs a reference card for passing the damn first player token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that yes, 'C' gets to go first in year two.

As to why?

As the seasons pass, the rooms and monsters that might come next wane. When the 3rd season occurs, you will know precisely both the 3rd season and 4th seasons rooms and monsters. Having position during those critical seasons is a valuable thing, and everyone should have similar positions once each in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The best explanation of the end-of-year start player token rules is NOT the first time it's presented in the book. The clearest description is on page 23, in the "Second Year" section. Read this explanation, and ignore the other. They mean the same thing, but page 23 says it much better.
TK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Hürth
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
I won an Games for Geekgold Lottery with 0.09% Chance of winning. You sure you wanna mess with me?
mbmbmbmbmb
Start Player order:

4Player: A-B-C-D-fight-C-D-A-B-fight
3Player: A-B-C-A-fight-B-C-A-B-fight
2Player: A-B-A-B-fight-B-A-B-A-fight
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moisés Solé
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
or: "Slimes Lick Rogues".

Stay with two players
Left with three
Right with four.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.