Real name is private thanks
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
2 questions from this evening:

1. Our deck ran out of cards. This wasnt such a big deal as it just meant defenders couldnt take any cards (apart from the few in the discard pile that were shuffled back in). However at one point a player ended up with no cards and needed to take 7 more. There were none for him to take. In the FF version a "Cosmic Quake" would occur. I assume this wasnt defined in the Eon edition. Can anyone confirm what the official ruling was to do in this instance in the Eon days?

2. The changeling switches powers during a challenge. At the end of the challenge do the powers stay switched? (It implies this by saying that you give the changeling power to the other person, which serves no use unless he is keeping it beyond that challenge). On the other hand it doesnt say specifically the other player should keep the power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) No official rule for Cosmic Quake in EON days AFAIK. You could either adopt the Cosmic Quake rules or just say no more cards are given if there are none to take.

In all my games of CE, I think the only time this has happened is when the Filch Wild Flare was in game and the deck slowly disappeared before anyone realized it

2) Yes, it's a "permanent" switch. That player now has the changeling, and on a later challenge he will change it with someone else (or you again). The temporary power "switch" is the Plant (or Insect, can't remember which one blocks the other player from using it).

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.