United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
It's not a damn moped!
mbmbmbmbmb
Turn order based on time zone assignments:

Kim 1100-1300 UTC (1200-1400 CET, 6 am - 8 am EST).
Børge 1300-1500 UTC (1400-1600 CET, 8 am - 10 am EST).
Christian 1500-1700 UTC (1600-1800 CET)
Joe 1700-1900 utc (noon EST- 2 pm EST)
Jason 1900-2100 UTC (2 pm EST- 4 pm EST)

Initial map:

Jason will be doing map updates.

Brian will moderate all things secret.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Mucchiello
United States
Edison
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
Operations Cards

The Railroad Era Begins (+1 VP)
Speed Record (+3 VP)
New Train (+4 VP)
Railroad Executive
Perfect Engineering
Government Land Grant
Service Bounty - Mobile (+4 VP)
Service Bounty - Duluth (+4 VP)
New Industry
City Growth
City Growth
City Growth
Major Line - New York and Kansas City (with a western link) (+20 VP)

---
Don't forget to subscribe to this new thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Milvang-Jensen
Denmark
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
I pick
Bid is in.

I have uploaded my excel planning sheet, not sure how long it takes for it to show up. Just tool i use to compare strategies, such as the consequences of doing a 1-link delivery, and trying to determine the right bid, finding out what amount will cost you a share 3 turns later, and what will not. Of course it doesn't model competition, but i still find it handy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Børge N
Norway
Porsgrunn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here we go!

I pick
, and have submitted my bid.

Børge
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
Jason updated his bid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Brokaw
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
It's not a damn moped!
mbmbmbmbmb
No response from Christian during his time slot today. I'll reveal bids as soon as the last one is in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Mucchiello
United States
Edison
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
He hasn't logged on today. Did we fail to verify he had a proper BGG addiction?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmucchiello wrote:
He hasn't logged on today. Did we fail to verify he had a proper BGG addiction?
For the moment, I'm assuming that something unexpected came up. Hopefully everything is ok.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Milvang-Jensen
Denmark
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
I agree Jason, but if we do no hear from him today we should consider the options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Mucchiello
United States
Edison
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
milvang wrote:
I agree Jason, but if we do no hear from him today we should consider the options.

What bothers me is he hasn't been on BGG since the 3rd. Hope everything is all right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmucchiello wrote:
milvang wrote:

What bothers me is he hasn't been on BGG since the 3rd. Hope everything is all right.
Perhaps we should draft another player to take his place or continue on with 4 players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Børge N
Norway
Porsgrunn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say we wait for him until his time slot today has ended, and if he is nowhere to be seen within 3h, we can try to find another player. (But where? The original thread? A new thread in this forum, to reach more people? Does anybody has some geek buddies they want to invite?)

If not, it is fine for me to continue with 4 players, but then I might want to update my bid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Mucchiello
United States
Edison
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
borgemik wrote:
If not, it is fine for me to continue with 4 players, but then I might want to update my bid.

If we restart with 4 everyone should send a confirmation geekmail to Brian regarding their bid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Milvang-Jensen
Denmark
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
Evan if they dont normally visit BGG, I believe that I can find one of the players from my normal group, that can play, and would be wiling to move about once a day. Most of the are skiing though this week, so I can get back with a reply on that Monday.

If we can not find a player there, I am ok with playing 4, In theory we should redeal the operation cards sice we should have 2 less but I am also ok with the current deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
milvang wrote:
Evan if they dont normally visit BGG, I believe that I can find one of the players from my normal group, that can play, and would be wiling to move about once a day. Most of the are skiing though this week, so I can get back with a reply on that Monday.

If we can not find a player there, I am ok with playing 4, In theory we should redeal the operation cards sice we should have 2 less but I am also ok with the current deal.
I could find a player from my regular group as well, he does visit BGG every few days, but I can ping him in instant messenger for his turns. I have no particular preference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Mucchiello
United States
Edison
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
milvang wrote:

In which case all the existing bids would have to be purged.

Christian logged in today according to his info page. I just sent him a Geekmail asking if he is still playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Milvang-Jensen
Denmark
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
That sounds good Jason, It might be good to let him have turn after you then rather then the proposed slot, we can juts leave that blank and move him to 5th player so Joe and you would be 3 and 4.

If Christian gets back say before 4 PM EST, we should give him the chance, After that I would love to go with Jason's friend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Lambelet
Switzerland
Neuchâtel
flag msg tools
mbmb
je vous prie de m'excuser, j'ai eu une fin de semaine difficile et j'ai complétement oublié de venir ici...

Il m'avait semblé que la partie serait lancée qu'à partir de vendredi soir !

Je vais laisser la page du jeu affichée de manière à ce que je n'oublie pas de venir à chaque fois que je me connecte.

I apologize, I had a difficult weekend and I completely forgot to come here ...

It seemed to me that the party would be launched only from Friday night!

I'll let the game page displayed so that I do not forget to come every time I connect.

I choose the color: http://bgg.geekdo.com/image/644914... how do you insert an image?

I bet !

Good play for all !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Mucchiello
United States
Edison
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
_zazufy_ wrote:
I choose the color: http://bgg.geekdo.com/image/644914... how do you insert an image?

[ ImageID=644914 original inline ]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Brokaw
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
It's not a damn moped!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Game 2: Kim, Børge, Christian, Joe, Jason - TURN 1
How do you want me to handle a tie on first round bids? Table seating order preference starting with Kim?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Mucchiello
United States
Edison
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
brokasaphasia wrote:
How do you want me to handle a tie on first round bids? Table seating order preference starting with Kim?

Time of arrival. First come, first bid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Milvang-Jensen
Denmark
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
Actually I would prefer random for tiebreaker for first round. After that it should be table seating starting with the player winning bid previous round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Mucchiello
United States
Edison
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
milvang wrote:
Actually I would prefer ransom for tiebreaker for first round. After that it should be table seating starting with the player winning bid previous round.

Explain exactly what you mean by ransom. If it's what I think it is, announce the high bid and just let everyone (who wants to) rebid?

The first PbF game used time of arrival. That favored whoever went last the previous round (since they know exactly when the turn ends).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Børge N
Norway
Porsgrunn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome, Christian!

Do you know you can "subscribe" to this thread, and get a notification at the top of every BGG page? If you can navigate to the preferences page, you can also get an email for each update.

jmucchiello wrote:
brokasaphasia wrote:

Time of arrival. First come, first bid.

O.K. with me. (As long as it is for the first turn only. Next turns should be order of play, from the current start player.)

Edit: I saw Kim preferred random, and I think that is most fair. Throw a die, and tell us the results!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Milvang-Jensen
Denmark
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
Sorry my bad for the "ransom" typo, corrected it, typo for random. I trust Brian to to flip a coin or roll a die if required for first round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [16] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.