Andrew Chapman
Australia
Norwood
SA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clearly I've missed something in the rules, but how do I identify Recon units. I've stared hard at the Unit and Marker Identification Chart, but I can't tell for sure what makes a Recon unit and what doesn't.

For example, in the Bloody Omaha scenario, the 1st infantry division gets the unit specified as '1 Recon troop'. Looking at the counters, I assume that this is the 1-2-6 armoured car on counter sheet 3 with the red square at the top overlaying the digit '1'. But I can't be sure.

What's the definitive thing I should be looking for?

I'm looking forward to playing this game one day (just having shelled out A$200 for it), so if anyone wants a go at it on Vassal, please pm me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Cooper
United Kingdom
Gateshead
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skimming the pdf rules, it looks like recon units have their movement allowance highlighted in light blue?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Chapman
Australia
Norwood
SA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, you're right. There it is in 10.5. I should never try to read the whole rules in one day. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runs with scissors
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that that's the mechanized recon only. The table in section 9.5 refers to non-mechanized recon units. I've been trying to figure out which those are, and haven't been able to find those. If anybody has figured that one out I'd appreciate hearing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Holte
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Recon units have their movement factor highlighted light blue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.