Popular Tags: [View All]
Laurent Lebas
France
Le Havre
Normandie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

a question about The 'is the press in the tank?' breaking news card. It says the owner of a media support card currently in play may draw 2 cards. Is he allowed to draw them if he's already 5 cards in his hand?I'm quite sure he can, just need confirmation!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remus Rhymus
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I think that this situation absolutely requires
badge
a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the draw is valid. The only time you can't draw due to five cards in hand is on your typical turn decision: Play a card or draw a card? If you have 5 cards, you must play a card. You could even play Fundraising which states "Draw 3 cards" which will net you a 7 card hand size in that situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurent Lebas
France
Le Havre
Normandie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was not sure because Breaking News are not cards played from your hand. Thanks a lot for your answer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Simon
United States
Ashley
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes the player can draw cards even if he has 5 (or more) cards already in their hand.

Page 5 of the rules:

Quote:
or b) Draw a card from his deck.
If a player already has 5 or more cards in his hand, however, he may not choose to draw a card (although he may still play cards which grant additional cards (emphasis mine)). Apart from this restriction, there is no hand size limit.

That rule says you cannot draw a new card from the deck at the start of the round, but can play cards that give you extra cards beyond the 5 in your hand. I would assume that the same thing is true with a Breaking News card as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Simon
United States
Ashley
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beaten to the punch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.