United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I kept waiting for it to stop sucking. I gave up around minute three when the wizard was asking us to say "U.S.A" to Obama.

Did it somehow get better in the last minute?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum europae vincendarum
United States
Bama by way of San Diego
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, the last minute was as crappy as the first three.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
I found it really confusing: On one hand, its 'patriotic' message is too badly made to take it seriously, but if it was an attempt at satire, then it should have made the wizard less pathetic: Rooting against him felt a bit like rooting for Kasparov in a chess match against a three year old.

So I wonder: One can't really fail so bad at regular comedy, or at satire. Therefore, the video must have a deeper meaning, but I guess I am not worthy of figuring it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually thought it was pretty entertaining. Of course, I found myself rooting for Freedom Wizard, and thought the best part was when Freedom Wizard blew Noam Chomsky's head off*.

*Note - in truth, I do agree with some of Chomsky's positions (especially regarding the bullshit "war on drugs"), but in the main, I find his political views tedious and annoying. and often propped up by his fast and loose play with facts. He is, however, a great linguist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Anybody that failed to see that the car was the hero of the piece just missed the point entirely. When it ran over that flag dropped by the wizard??? Classic cinema. I give this an A+ for amusement, an A+ for execution, and a D- for Chomsky's wig.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

The best part was the very last word: doucheburger!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.