Subject: To Play "Dragut" when Barbarossa is out of the Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
FRANCISCO JAVIER RUIZ GOMEZ
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Everyone:

What happen if I play the card number 18: "Dragut" when Barbarossa is outside the game?

That is, Barbarossa had been sunk with the rest of its fleet sometime in current turn. So this out of the game, in theory would not come until next turn.

But if someone plays the card, number 18, "Dragut" (a Mandatory Event Cards) while Barbarossa is out of the game, how do you solve this?

The Card Text is:

"[Turn 6] Barbarossa dies. Dragut Place in the same zone or sea port as Barbarossa, Barbarossa then remove from The Game. Remove from deck after play."

I think there are only two possibilities:

A) Remove the counter of Barbarossa. The counter of Dragut comes into play at the beginning of next turn. Dragut must enter a port controlled by the Ottomans.

B) The counter of Dragut goes directly into a port controlled by the Ottomans.

Which of the two solutions is correct?

Thank you very much for your response.

Greetings:

Javier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick
United States
Savage
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I would assume he goes on the Turn track where Barbarossa was.

The same thing happens when a leader has been captured and then dies. Right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Johns
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From a "realism" point of view, it's a different guy. Dragut was not captured. I'd guess the only reason for the two guys sharing a marker is counter space for printing. So, I'd put him in an allowable Ottoman home port.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
iamspamus wrote:
From a "realism" point of view, it's a different guy. Dragut was not captured. I'd guess the only reason for the two guys sharing a marker is counter space for printing. So, I'd put him in an allowable Ottoman home port.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with Rick and say that Dragut should go on the Turn Track.

While Dragut is a "different guy" he is required to be placed where Barbarossa is currently is located. If Ed didn't want him placed in Barbarossa's space/location, and wanted him actually treated as a "different guy" then I would expect the card text to say, "Barbarossa dies, place Dragut in any port space controlled by the Ottoman".

Just my $0.02. Obviously, the card text does not cover this situation.

There is a third possibility: Barbarossa is removed from the game, and since the rest of the card conditions cannot be fulfilled, (i.e. Barbarossa has no port or sea zone) then Dragut does not enter the game, either, permanently.

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Beach
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
He should go on the Turn Track. Same location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FRANCISCO JAVIER RUIZ GOMEZ
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Everyone:

Ed Beach wrote:

Thanks Ed for your reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Johns
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
iamspamus wrote:

Ed Beach wrote:

Stupid realism argument... ...gets me in trouble EVERY time... mumble, mumble... cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.