Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kenneth Lury
United States
Blowing rock
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do units eliminated by drowning count toward casualty count ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Severs
England
Birmingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Butterfield
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Only regular infantry units count toward catastrophic loss. And it would take some negligence to get an infantry unit drowned, since they can always move toward the top of the beach for free, using a preservation move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Lury
United States
Blowing rock
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I am guilty of negligence, but thanks for the tip. I have not yet assimilated all of the rules. Just got the game a couple of days ago.

I am very impressed with how smoothly everything works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Yarto
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Raining down board gaming fun since 1985!
badge
Play DVG's Field Commander Nimitz!
mbmbmbmbmb
The units that mostly end up drowning are your tanks. They do not get the free preservation move like the infantry do. That's one of the tough decisions that needs to be made early on; I often choose to have the tanks perform a barrage action rather than move. That way some of the WN's get disrupted allowing a brief respite from the carnage...but the downside is they drown as the tide rises. With only two precious actions per division, it's tough to justify a tank moving when you could be leading a full step unit on an assualt.

Great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.