Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Wales
United Kingdom
Kings Lynn
Norfolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi All

I'm just testing the water here. I have Warhammer Quest boxed complete, bits taken off sprues a couple painted but still mainly in mint condition. I also have both Lair of the Orc Lord and Catacombs of treasure both mint, but some of the Orc Lord miniautres have been undercoated. And lastly all the boxed figure, about 3 of them used the rest mint:

Bretonnian Knigh
Chaos Warrior
Dwarf Trollslayer
Elf Ranger
Elf Wardancer
Imperial Noble
Pit Fighter
Warrior Priest
Witch Hunter

A photocopy of the Halfling Thief rules, this cost me £5 from GW mail order years ago. I did like the archiving service they used to provide but what a rip off.

And finally a pack of Blank treasure cards and all 3 of the treasure packs that were released.

So what I want to know is, what would anyone pay for this? They have been sitting in a toy chest gathering dust for years and I keep toying with the idea of selling them.

Cheers

Kev

P.S. Please don't contact me asking for individual bits if I did decide to sell at some point they would all go together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Orr
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
I hunger!!!
badge
Galactus wants to know if you have been Naughty or Nice
mbmbmbmbmb
Easily USD 500+

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. S. Higgins
United States
Turlock
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very easily $500 USD.

The base set itself would likely pull down about $150, with each expansion going for $100-$150, though Catacombs could go for more since it is the rarer of the two.

The Adventurer packs should go for $20-$80 each, depending on which one you're talking about. Some are more difficult to get than others.

Common ones (Or less sought-after) are the Trollslayer, Pit Fighter, and Warrior Priest. They tend to sell at $20-$30 each.

The Ranger and Wardancer tend to be about medium, as is the Imperial Noble. These go in the $40-$50 range.

I've noticed the Chaos Warrior, Knight, and Witch Hunter especially commanding prices of up to $100. Shrink-wrapped copies of the Witch Hunter have even gone for over $100.

Selling them as a lot can be very hit or miss. If you get the right buyer, you end up ahead, but more likely than not you'll end up selling it for less than you would have individually. Most people interested in WHQ have already cobbled together at least a base set, if not some expansion and character packs. They won't usually want to pay full price for an all-inclusive package, so you'll get fewer high end bids/offers. Selling individually though, you do run the risk of ending up with a few less-sought-after items that don't go for what you would have wanted. In my case, I ended up getting my Trollslayer and Pit Fighter quite some time ago for less than $10 for the pair, shipping included. I'm not sure that was worth the time of the seller, and an Adventurer Pack lot of 2-3 (Mixing a rare pack with a common one) might have ended better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For me to get a complete set off of eBay, sans the Treasure Pack #1, I paid around $650USD. But, that was grabbing a couple of the characters from certain eBay stores that sell these things at ludicrously inflated prices because I was impatient waiting for more auctions to appear.

Like the poster points out above, it is better/easier to sell it off separately than as a lot. I would suggest cobbling the characters together, as I completely agree with the above post. The following exceptions of course;

The Bretonnian Knight can easily go for $100.
The Chaos Warrior won't fetch more than $50.
The Warrior Priest will easily sell for around $50.

Send me a Geekmail if you'd like to sell or trade for that Treasure Pack #1 you've got there as well. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Martin
United Kingdom
Lincoln
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at some of the replies here, I must have gotten away lightly when I purchased my copy of Warhammer Quest from Ebay. I bought the base game, along with both the expansions and all of the character box sets (minus boxes) in very good condition. There was also a large amount of White Dwarf articles in the box with extra quests and rules. I paid somewhere in the region of £200 for all of this. However, you seem to have all of the treasure cards packs (which go for around £30 each) and if your character packs are still boxed then you're looking at a fairly large price if you sell this as one lot
I'm still trying to get hold of copies of Pits & Traps and the Deathblow magazines but can't justify the price at the moment
Hope this helps

Pincher

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. S. Higgins
United States
Turlock
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pits and Traps is really hard to get ahold of. I have an electronic copy, which can be printed on good paper and applied to some cardstock, works well enough.

I'd love to get the original, but any time I've seen it go for sale it comes up higher than I'd even dream of going.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife would kill me if she saw this but I would be interested in a full set... If you ever decide to sell let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.