13 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Good gaming store in Boston rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dr Jack
msg tools
Hello,

I'm going to a trip to Boston and I'm looking to find a good gaming store there. My intention is to buy Twilight Struggle. Anyone knows a place that might sell it for a decent price?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Langer
United States
Hickam AFB
Hawaii
flag msg tools
It's been quite awhile since I lived in Boston, but I believe there's a pretty decently sized gaming store near Berklee College of Music. Boston's a big college town; you should definitely be able to find one or two gaming stores there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Games People Play 1100 Mass Ave. Cambridge, MA

But, I did not see the game listed at their site

http://www.thegamespeopleplaycambridge.com/

but they say to call for availability.

Good Luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Stellmach
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good game stores include The Games People Play (near Harvard Square, Cambridge), Pandemonium Books & Games (near Central Square, ditto), and Your Move Games (Davis Square, Somerville).

You might also try Compleat Strategiest (two locations in Boston, I think, thouhg I haven't patronized them myself in years now).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) FLGS of the USA - A List of Game Store Advice on BGG II

2) BGG menu picks at the top of the page, BAZAAR, GAMESTOREdb.com
("currently offline" as I write this)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
United States
Reading
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your best bet for that kind of game is indeed "Compleat Strategiest " but it's not the store it once was... (and it's only one store now).

You might also want to try "The Hobby Bunker" which is in Malden right outside of Boston.

But otherwise Tim and the rest of the folks have covered it. I don't think your odds are good though.... (I use Wargame Depot as my "FLIWGS" for GMT stuff - Friendly Local Internet War Game Store).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave King
United States
Lexington
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would recommend the Compleat Strategist, off Mass. Ave., I think. They should have the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
United States
Reading
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Compleat Strategist has moved to a store off of Comm Ave in Boston - make sure to call. As I said they are a very different store than what they used to be. I just went in a few months ago

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Jack
msg tools
Thanks everyone for the quick and helpful responses! I appreciate it. I hope I will be able to find the game in one of these stores.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Seconding Your Move Games. They've been my FLGS for over 15 years.
I can't speak for whether they have Twilight Struggle in stock or not, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad R Morin
United States
South Central
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Light in the Darkness
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You might want to also check The great "FLGS of the world" mapping project. It's a Google Map of the world with FLGS indicated and some comments added; just zoom into the Boston area.

Most the stores mentioned above and a few more are there (my vote is for Pandemonium; it's my favorite in the area and Games People Play is a 10 minute walk up the street, so you can check them both out... heck, if you're driving, you could start at Pandemonium, go to GPP, and keep going to Compleat, all in 15 minutes).

Have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Bates

Seattle
Washington
msg tools
I haven't been to most of the places mentioned (thanks for the recommendations!) but I will put in a vote for Eureka Games. They have a decent selection of games as well as all sorts of other fun stuff: rubik's puzzles, jigsaw puzzles, crossword books, etc. The staff has always been really friendly and it's really fun to explore when I'm up in Boston. Not sure if I remember seeing Twilight Struggle last time I was there, but it might be worth checking out just for fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.